Internal as External Troubles

Paradox1

Fully Optimized
Im buying an 80 gigabyte notebook hard drive and am going to enclose it in an external case. Im using a notebook one because as you know, obviously, notebook hard drives can run off of the power supplied with a usb cord. Well, I have a few on newegg for 95-120 range and I dont know which to choose. They all have a rotation of 5400 rpms, 80 gigs, and are oems.

The brands are samsung, toshiba, hitachi, and fujitsu, which is best?

why? well as he wants an external that will probably mean it's going to get moved around a fair bit - something that slower spinning laptop disks are designed for.

And to answer the question, i personally would go with a toshiba unit. That's all i've ever seen used in mobile devices (irivers/laptops etc...) so that must count for something.

yes, thats what I was thinking as well, Toshiba is in my old notebook, Too bad before I knew much about computers I partitioned and reformatted the main one incorrectly lol

But anyways, Why would I want to do this? Because "regular hard drives" require a power supply, and are too bulky, I need a drive that I can carry around with me, That would be like carrying around an early 80s cell phone lol

well....as long as you are okay for paying a little extra. I would recommend the hitachi.

spank_fusion said:

there you go man.....thats exactly what you want.

Back
Top Bottom