Question about Lite-On DVDRW audio cables

desktop

Baseband Member
I have a Lite-On SOHW 1673S DVDRW drive and I would like to connect the analog audio output to my sound card (C-Media 5.1 surround). Trouble is I'm not sure what kind of audio cable to use. The Lite-On came with a small gray cable with two three-wire flat black 4-pin connectors, but hooking these up to the audio on the back of the DVDRW drive and my sound card produces no sound when I plug my headphones into the jack on the front of the DVDRW drive.

I have checked all the sound settings on the computer and none of them are muted. Also, on the diagram in the manual that came with the Lite-On it shows the audio cable as having a T-shaped plug, and the cable that came with the drive has flat plugs.

I'm just wondering if anyone here would have any suggestions on what type of audio cable to get. I've been searching the web for most of the evening and have come up with nothing.

Thanks.

- dc

Lite On and all optical drives use standard audio analog cables such as the one found here:

GENERIC 24" 3-pin & 4-pin Connectors Audio Cable
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16812102107

Maybe your old cables were bad. Make sure to plug these in right. If you're not getting any sound coming out of the DVD drive directly, the drive itself may have a problem. Otherwise, you should get sound coming from the back of the sound card.

Thanks, TRD. It's funny, I was just looking at these exact same cables an hour ago, lol. My Lite-On is only a few eeks old, bought that off Newegg also.

The problem I'm encountering is that the plug for the audio on the back of the drive is for a T-shaped plug, but even these cables you linked me to are flat. So it's hard to know which way they plug in.

- dc

I think that there is a foulup in here. Are you trying to listen to sound on your computer through your headphone plug of the DVD burner? If so it won't work .
That front audio headphone jack on the burner is for listening to a disc playing in the drive only. you can't listen to sound off your sound card to that output as you said in your statement above.

The cable is to transfer the sound from the disc to your sound card to be heard over the computers speaker set. as in your case of having the 5.1 speaker system.

The sound cannot be heard through the burner from your soundcard. as your burner is always in the off position till you que the drive for a disc..then it turns on the drive.

I inserted a music CD in the Lite-On and plugged the headphones into the jack on the front, but I didn't get any sound. The CD was playing but I had no sound. My problem mainly is finding the right audio plug to go from the dvdrw to the sound card.

- dc

Back
Top Bottom