Cant totally instal WIndows

Pheonix1

Beta member
OK I built this computer a while back and after dealing with a load of other problems I have narrowed it down to instaling wndows. OK to start things off when i boot up I get this message

Copyright 2001 Nvidia Corperation
PXE-E61:Media Test Failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting NVIDIA Boot Agent

ok then it goes to windows setup. I do everything that needs to be done and it formats and copies the files and goes and restarts like normal. However, when is boots up the secound time it does the same thing, and doesnt go to the "non-blue screen" instal/setup screen. It just goes back top square one.
As for the Nvidia message, I have looked at may forums and have tried every option. changes in boot sequence, everything.

um.. after the first screen and you reboot you take the cd out of the cd-rom drive or let the computer boot right?

well when i rebot the computer Ive tried both ways, If I have the CD out It says that it cant boot because there is not CD, and if i have the CD in it take me back to squard one.

You probably aren't setting your boot settings correctly. Reformat and install it again, when you restart, quickly go into the BIOS and change the settings so it will boot from the hdd first and then take your cd out. When you are finished, save the settings and quit, it will restart and it SHOULD work.

Back
Top Bottom