Problem Installing a Game

Liminator

In Runtime
I've tried installing the game Black and White but whenever I click install it loads the bar that says something like "Black and White is preparing the Installshield wizard." but after the bar loads it just closes and I get dumped back to my desktop. I checked my processes and there is nothing that even refers to the setup. I didn't even get an error message. Any help? And this happens with other games sometimes but the setup screen would appear reandmly on the screen like 10 minutes later. But for this game I waited an hour and I get nothing.

Have you installed the game before? If you have, it could be a dodgy uninstall that is causing the problem- i've had a similar problem with other games. Firstly make sure that there aren't any obvious remanants in the add/remove programs list, then do a windows search in 'files and folders' for Black and White. Delete any of the files that come up.

This may work or may not as it depends on the nature of the problem- good luck.

Its probably crashing because your current graphics setting doesn't support the resolution of the installer. You have a decent graphics card, right? Anyway try this

Right click the .exe installation file>>Properties>>Compatibility>> Check run in 640*480 resolution. Now go and change your display resolution to 640*480 in display properties.(in control panel)

Try again, should work now

Nevermind I got it to work. I forced the files onto my hard drive and installed it from there.

Back
Top Bottom