Attention Members...

I don't think I got it, but the computer is so screwed up that I really wouldnt notice if it was slower. I recently lost most useful GUI stuff. So now I dont have the taskbar or start menu, and have to use Ctrl + Alt + Del and then New Task for everything. Bummer huh.

I don't use IE. I use Firefox. However I updated my anti-virus. So tonight when it scans if I got it i'll findit.

Nope. I have all my stuff at full security and I didn't get anything. How did that happen? A spike or something?

Not me. Usually Norton would tell me if a Trojan got detected and automatically delete it.

i got a few warnings just after i logged onto here, and then i got the blue screen and it restarted... it wasnt from any other sites because id only just turned the comp on, and i only got the warnings after coming on here...

I think it came from here becuase it was the only website i had been on, i didnt have any messengers open, and a few seconds after opening the social lounge here, i got an alert from AVG, then a blue screen and it restarted. i run AVG afterwards and deleted the virus, i cant rember what it was though, ive cleared out the virus vault thing....

There is a fix for it at M$. You can get it by following the link at the page I posted. It comes from IIS servers that have been hacked. It looks for unpatched outlook express and attacks through there. You don't have to use OE or even use it to read your mail. By default it rides in the background even if you have "removed" it. OE that is. The fix for the exploit is High Priority not a critical patch so the fix doesn't come down when you update. You have to check the high priorty fixes to get it. But yes David it came from here. I would run a check on your servers and run a deep security scan.

mark thorpe said:
i got a few warnings just after i logged onto here, and then i got the blue screen and it restarted... it wasnt from any other sites because id only just turned the comp on, and i only got the warnings after coming on here...

That sounds serious ... i think i should put my computer on full alert lol ...
I hope it doesn't happen to me, but atleast i have everything useful to me backed up on a serperate partition to the one on XP
Sounds abit eccentric coming from here though, some people have it but other people don't ...

Nope I haven't had a single probelm but I'll let you know if I ever do and what I was doing and the that was showing and everything.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom