Which card?

The Amish Kid

Fully Optimized
ok I am buying a new AGP graphics card soon and I really cant make up my mind.
I was thinking either getting an eVGA 6800 GT or a Sapphire Radeon x850 XT PE. I know the x850 is a lot faster I am just wondering is it worth the extra hundred dollars. Its going to be AGP too and Im wondering if I should really buy a $400 AGP card.

EDIT: Here are the links if you care
Radeon x805 XT PE
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102519

eVGA 6800 GT
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130203

Hmm... thats a rather hard question really, seeing as the price difference is so high.

I wouldn't think its worth it, if you don't want to raise that high, and so i'd probably choose the 6800GT, at least until you get a PCI-E motherboard, etc.

I prefer Nvidia at the moment anyway over ATI, so I'd also choose it because of that.

the x850 XT Platinum also comes in PCI-e model too. The only thing I don't like about that card is the number of slots it takes up. I know it's required for the cooling, but that 6800GT is looking good right now.

I'm debating between a 7800gtx or the 6800GT also and the 7800gtx is priced too high. I'm sure it's the greatest high performance video card, but the 6800GT is more than capable for gaming requirements also.

yeah I know it comes in pci-express but I only have an AGP slot, and I dont really care if it takes up another slot... the only other thing I have is a sound card so I have enough space for it.
Im leaning more towards the x850 xt pe

Use your gut instinct and your going towards ATi. Buy it and test it out. It's a really good card. When its time for upgrade again, get an Nvidia one next.

if you truly need AGp, just go with the 6800 GT. THE performance difference is on average 7-14 fps. Do you really need that extra fps??? Just overclock.

For a 100 dollars, i'd say 14 more fps ain't that great of a deal. But hey, it's your money, if you want a little bit more juice, that's your call.

Personally i'd go with the GT.

However, i think it would be better, if you went PCI express.

the AGP slot doesnt let the 6800GT use its full bandwidth, a 6800nu would even be good, just unlock the pipes and oc it.

Back
Top Bottom