just got dsl and its slow?

lerner1

In Runtime
hey i just got dsl and it uploads really slow my frind has the same exact thing and its faster than mine is it something in my computer?

Uploading will almost definately take longer than downloading seeing your computer has to organise what it wents to send, choosing which data of packets, sometimes this can be slow on some computers
The main reason why people get broadband (such as DSL in your case or cable) is mainly for downloads, they don't pay much attention to uploads so i don't think it is anything to worry about

Well my DSL is 512/512 so I should be able to download 52kb/s and upload 52kb/s. Usually I download 52kb/s and upload 40kb/s, with no problems. U should upload a little slower than the maximum, if I upload with 52kb/s then the download speed drops quite much.

daemon said:
Well my DSL is 512/512 so I should be able to download 52kb/s and upload 52kb/s. Usually I download 52kb/s and upload 40kb/s, with no problems. U should upload a little slower than the maximum, if I upload with 52kb/s then the download speed drops quite much.
wow, thats horrible for todays dsl standards. I hope they dont charge too much for the service. I have DSL and it has a 3mb download speed.

serpentracer said:
wow, thats horrible for todays dsl standards. I hope they dont charge too much for the service. I have DSL and it has a 3mb download speed.

Well I live in Europe. I bet that in usa u have cheaper prices. These are the ones that I can get. The prices are in €

256 kbit/s / 256 kbit/s 24,90
512 kbit/s / 512 kbit/s 24,90
1 Mbit/s / 512 kbit/s 30,00
2 Mbit/s / 512 kbit/s 47,00
8 Mbit/s/ 1 Mbit/s * 59,00

* max speed 8/1 Mbit/s usually atleast 2 Mbit/s/512 kbit/s.

So the one I have is 512 kbit/s / 512 kbit/s.

Back
Top Bottom