?? Athlon or Intel for musical applications ??

lol.... no suprises at all... you know me too well! it's scary... get away from me!!! lol... jk jk.. :D

Those dual core Opterons are really expensive compared to the dual core X2's though. Is there anyone on here that's currently running an Opteron processor?

I doubt that... seriously... those are for servers, but can be used to do desktop things... but yeah. The X2's are powerful enough... the 4800+... wooo... a hot baby! It pretty much is the best desktop-intended cpu out. The dual intel EE's come close, but, neck to neck, amd comes out on top.

I hear that board is totally customizable and especially bad ass for overclocking. If I'm going to be building a powerful gaming machine, that's the one I would buy. I would also couple it with 2 7800GTX in SLi config. I don't care if the games support it or not. No lag. Age of Empires 3 is suppose to take advantage of high end graphics processing (that no current hardware can handle--so they say) so hopefully, this will do just fine.

TRDCorolla said:
I hear that board is totally customizable and especially bad ass for overclocking. If I'm going to be building a powerful gaming machine, that's the one I would buy. I would also couple it with 2 7800GTX in SLi config. I don't care if the games support it or not. No lag. Age of Empires 3 is suppose to take advantage of high end graphics processing (that no current hardware can handle--so they say) so hopefully, this will do just fine.

Got it, great motherboard, very picky about RAM though, so be careful.. Geil ONE works nicely, as did my old OCZ VX. Crucial Ballistix DOES NOT.

Oh, and regarding that Opteron question, yes, I use a dual dual core Opteron science station here at school, hideously powerful.

Back
Top Bottom