need cheap processor!

killzoneman0

In Runtime
my friend needs a new processor. he has an intel celeron (dont know the speed, all i know is that it sucks bad) now and needs a better one. preferably the same socket. (dont know the socket type, but if you have an idea, post it) he wants to spend $100 or lower. he also wants to play games like wow. is this possible to get a processor like this? if so, where can i get it for him?

WEll, as far as I know... you can play WOW on a celeron just fine. It's prolly his vid. card. Is $100 his budget max?

You must have 3d acceleration on the video card. Most games these days do anyways. The video card must support DirectX 9.0c and must have more than 32MB preferably a card that is greater than a Geforce 2.

For the CPU, the Celeron is enough to play that game if budget is really tight. But here's a Pentium 4 that is around $20 over your budget:

Intel Pentium 4 505 Prescott 533MHz FSB 1MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819116204

But your motherboard must support socket LGA775. What is your motherboard socket anyway? Socket 478?

i dont know what it is. i told him he would probably have to get a new mobo if he wanted a p4 lga 775 socket

Back
Top Bottom