cs:s computer

civicrocker7

Baseband Member
ok im new to this and im only 15 years old so im trying to go cheap. i was wondering if i get the dell dimension 3000 which is dells cheapest pentium 4 and upgrade it with a SAPPHIRE Radeon X700 100122 Video Card - OEM from newegg its like $109 will it run cs:s smoothly if it wount wats my cheapest alternative thanks for the help.

PS cs:s will be the only thing this pc will do thanks for the help and plz try to explain in a way i will understand thanks im a pc noob

Id dont think the dell 3000 even has an agp slot for a graphics card, it also has too little ram for cs.

Well, the minimum, I think, for CS:S is 256mb, to run it at an acceptable speed. But, the thing is, I don't know about that dell's psu will be able to support that card. If it's the lowest end... nah. THe dell should have an agp slot... I doubt any comps from 5 years ago don't. They all do, or pci ex. My comp plays cs:s perfectly, lol, yeah, it's nice, but yeah. You can try, or at least the 6200 can play cs:s too, or even the 6600gt if you have money...

get a single 6600gt, and as long as its got a agp slot you'll be good. if you dont have a big enough psu and it wont remove to put in a new one buy a psu and lay it beside ur case and use that to power the video card. what are the specs of the 3000?

Well i got my setup:

MSI Nforce motherboard with a PCI express slot
512ram (Dual channel)
6600 256mb
AMD 3000+ anthlon 64 (Venice core)
Windows Home
Keyboard
mouse

Got all that for like 700 so if you REALLY want to keep it cheap and Tear there css ur gonna need to build your own.

mine gets me in CS_CRIBS_ITALY 464 fps, was my tops. but in office with a single 6600gt i was getting no less than 100fps with high settings except AA and AF.

Wow i get 100+ on all maps with all high and AA on x2 and the other AA (forgot what its called) at x16 with a single 6600 256mb OC a little and thats not a GT :O

so do i with everythign maxed out nicluding AA and AF but ill land at like 105fps for a sec so i was being conservative with my other numbers

Hey, my fx5700 runs HL2 with the settings maxed out. But if u are looking for a new vid card I'd get 6600GT.

Back
Top Bottom