Is it just me

new orleans are staffed btw, they cant pump the MASSIVE floods out and its full of water, everyone has got to evacuate the place.

Steven12 said:
new orleans are staffed btw, they cant pump the MASSIVE floods out and its full of water, everyone has got to evacuate the place.

They can and will, but it will take time. Prolly a month or two just to get the water out.

well thats what happens when you build towns below sea level?

Some interesting points raised here, but don't let this get out of hand plase.

Yes, this is true. America is always helping out others but our payment is nil to none. Like my old history teacher said "Europeans want our diplomacy and our blood". That goes for other countries too. We are loved when something happens because WE have money and WE have power but we get no payback because they have no need to help us out. America is used and abused all the time.

Dishdog said:
I was watching my local news last night on this and a US goverment guy told Canada not to start to help. he said something like "we have systems put into place just for this kind of situation."(loosly quoted). to me it sounded like they didn't want to be in dept to Canada you know since they screwed us over SO! many times.

yes i dont think america would like our help, they seem to like to feel all powerful, until a hurricane comes and knocks them on their knees. i say we even stop giving them the christmas tree in boston!

>EDIT<

just on the news canada is sending one shit load of help. GO CANADA!!!!

nah dont send money, gas is too high to send money anyway, most ppl can barely afford to drive their cars

money_man said:
nah dont send money, gas is too high to send money anyway, most ppl can barely afford to drive their cars

That's true. But the gas prices will go down when the situation in usa is fixed. Actually I just read on the news that usa asked for international help. Don't know if this is true, but that's what it said.

All you canadians and presumably europeans that are sayin we are really stuck up have it completely backwards. Yes we feel as though we have a great deal of power(dont even try to dispute it cause we do) yet everyone that I have talked to feels betrayed. Why should we keep shipping money out when we get nothing in return. We need it and yet everyone just looks and says "they are rich let them deal with it" Attitudes like that piss me off. Just be a decent human and look at the situation without national boarders. If this keeps on happening and the world continues to turn their backs on us why should they expect money when a hurricane slams into their coast. The other major powers arent invincible. Dont be stupid and think about it in terms of "if somethin happens to us who is the first one that we look to for a hand out" Prolly gonna be us so dont turn ur backs on us now. And quit thinking we all walk around like were hot Sh**.

Back
Top Bottom