boot loaders?

Mal1

In Runtime
I've recently installed fedora core 4 on my secondary ( /hdb ) hard drive, and still have windows xp pro on /hda. Fedora came with a bootloader program which was installed along with everything else, only problem being when i turn on my computer i get no option of choosing to boot linux and not windows, i tried swapping the boot order of the drives only to get "no operating system present" etc etc.. any help please would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

it only boots windows, although on the last attempt after changing boot order to
1) /hdb
2) cdrom
3) /hda
it gave me a screen that just said GRUB, and was frozen entirely :(
i'll take a look at boot.ini and see what i can see from that.

On a side note to X0r515t the mbr is the master boot record and the reason the bootloader resides in it is that the bootloader is only asking what partition to set active - meaning what one to boot.

Interlaced said:
On a side note to X0r515t the mbr is the master boot record and the reason the bootloader resides in it is that the bootloader is only asking what partition to set active - meaning what one to boot.

I know what the mbr is, but boot.ini is irrelevant when it comes to dual-booting windows and Linux with grub, boot.ini is windows specific. Of course the boot loader resides in the mbr, that's why I asked if he had installed grub to the mbr, you can install grub to different locations.

Back
Top Bottom