Obesity

good stuff there root, I once heard that the McDonalds SALAD has more fat the the big mac, although I've never bothered to check this fact.

One thing I do know is that the average American walks a mere 350 YARDS per day. At school I walk an average 2 MILES per day, belive me, I'm a lot fitter than I used to be. All this excercise means that I can afford to slob out all the time, eat large meals, and still maintain a healthy body. Some people just have a problem with getting out and getting some excercise.

However, dont get me wrong. I am also extremely lazy, but as I am forced to walk so far, I have no problems with keeping fit.

root said:
it's the people who choose to spend all day in front of a computer, the people who choose to drive what would be a half hour walk, the people who choose to eat fatty foods rather than more healthy foods.

it's the people who choose to ignore advice of health professionals and do what they want, when they want, eat what they like, and then complain when they get fat...

That's just like me! Exept for the getting fat part. I gues that I have good genes, my mom is not fat, my dad is not fat and I do get some exercise, though not as much as I could but just going to school by bike helps. Though this is going to end In like 1½ years coz thats when I get a car, and ofcourse I'm so lazy that I will use it instead of my bike. And as I said I have lot's of sports at school and I play quite much floorhockey. But other than those I just sit on my ass the whole time. :D

random thread or not, here's my view...

There are a small minority of people that do have medical issues that have led to their obesity, however as far as the majority are concerned i have no sympathy for them what so ever and quite frankly it's these people that annoy me.

I just don't see how people can allow themselves to get in such a state; i mean, what is gained from being so big? It's not attractive, it's not healthy, and it limits your physical abilities, not to mention the emotional effect it can have on you after all those people pointing and looking at the fat guy taking up two seats on the bus. Fair enough you may like your food, but that's no excuse in my mind. It is these people that CHOOSE to be this way that are a burden on medical systems, because really it is a choice that has been made - If you live on a staple diet of junk food then YOU WILL GET FAT, it's not rocket science.

I personally am quite the opposite, and i will freely admit that's my fault - i'm a little over 7 stone, and being 5'10'' that is quite thin - too thin. The reason i'm thin you may ask? The reason being that i personally find eating a labour, i don't like it and that's something i've got to sort - with the aid of my doctor. Now why can't the people that eat too much do the same? See a doctor and get the problem sorted.

ahhh, i feel better after that.

tell ya wa ill write down every thing i eat for a day, im suprised im not even overweight

Maurice said:
Er, what language, Jac?, I don't see any, who was it?, what's the post No? it's at the right-hand side of every post, that'll identify it, if you mean my post, why are you reporting it???

It wasn't you... someone had said f**k and I had reported it, just to keep CF clean as usual. Setis had cleaned it...

jac006 said:
It wasn't you... someone had said f**k and I had reported it, just to keep CF clean as usual. Setis had cleaned it...
bell.gif
Thanks Jac, that clears it up, alert & polite as usual, wish there were more like you, not at war with us mods!

Maurice

Back
Top Bottom