----------------------------------
Motherboard - MSI 865PE Neo3
CPU - 3.0GHz
HDD - 250 GB SATA
DVDRW
DVD
1GB Memory
---------------------------------
My problem is when i boot in the Windows XP cd to boot up from it goes into DR-DOS but it won't install.

Please help

Alright, when i boot up the system with the installation disc in the drive it will go to DR-DOS, yes dr-dos not ms-dos. I do not know why it goes to that but it never starts the installation and when i type in setup it says not made for dos prompt. Also i did fdisk and found no fixed disk.

Is this a newly built comp? How long have you had it? How long have this problems been ocurring for? Have you recently made any modifcations to the comp?

we have just built this computer, we bought the parts from online and we've had it for a week. No modifications to it

i just installed windows on a computer yesterday and i got something about DR-DOS. not to insult you but is there a floppy disk in? at least for me it made an error about DR-DOS to come up.

You will have to prepare the hdd inorder to install the operating system. Go to the HDD manufacturers website and download the new disc utillity as either a bootable CD or as a floppy disk if you have a FDD. Then boot to the utillity disc and set up the mew drive to be formatted. The prompts will guide you through it. .

Just be sure to read the instructions for doing it.

Back
Top Bottom