Report: Apple switching to Intel chips

Yeah my friend whos a crazy fan of apple.. (he's one who spent $60 on that new mouse :p) He told me all about it... didn't really give me his opinions on the subject really though.. but I hope they stay with IBM... cause IBM just makes good processors.

Plus is it possible to install a MAc OS on a pc?
I'm just wondering..

Chris

THat is tough to do. There are emulators out there that does a good job doing it but always end up having problems at the end.

The only way you'll get close to a Mac OS on your PC machine is to skin it :)

Good Day

Good Day,

I agree about IBM's Processors, they're good.

I hear that it is possible to install a special hybrid OS which is pretty much Mac OS but I don't know much about it, I never saw it myself either.

But his computer would not boot so he gave me the Hard Disk Drive, which was supposed to have failed, or required a new Logic Board/Controller.

That Hard Disk Drive contains the Hybrid, I will switch the logic board again to learn more.

Yes, it is possible to use a cracked leaked copy of the developer disc to install Mac OS X Tiger on an x86 system nativly. You need an SSE3 enabled CPU (Atholon 64 Venice and San Deigo cores, Prescott P4's) to get the full OS (including the rosetta PPC emulator) running.

If you dont want to run PPC app's you can install it on any SSE2 capable system (Any Athlon 64 or Pentium 4).

Back
Top Bottom