AMD Processors are faster than intel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
TRDCorolla said:
In a few years, there will be a whole new generation of CPUs, lol. Technology change so fast.

Too fast, unfortunately... I remember the pent. II being the fastest out, with 64mb as incredible, a 14.5gb that was unheard off, and the introduction of 3D imaging, etc. Now we have vid. cards with twice, even four times that amount of that orignal.

I thought the transition from AMD's Athlon XP to Athlon 64 to Athlon X2 was very fast. How many years did it span to cover all those new releases? Like 4 years (since 2001?) perhaps?

Yeah, about that. I got an HP xp-3200 around 2001, 2002, about that. It's been swell with that company... amd rox...

Good Day

Good Day,

What is light phase? (I have not practiced for an extremely long time).

It sounds really cool though.

:)

I hear rumors that engineers are trying to develop a new means of transferring data by using light frequency's. Instead of using electric impulses that we are using now, it will be replaced with light. It makes the processor cooler, smaller, and faster.

No, you can't just keep wasting energy and burning fossil fuels like they'll never run out.

AMD CPU's with Cool 'n' Quiet technology enabled are the best performance-per-watt chips around, but notebooks are the best.

I don't know about the use of fiber optic technology in a microprocessor, but it's based on similar idea. It will be neat to see what they're planning to do. Maybe a hybrid chip first like half electric and half light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom