Is it just me

AmericanSensei

Daemon Poster
Or have we not yet heard from the rest of the world in helping us out with Katrinas Destruction?

Remember the Tsunami, Weren't we one of the first nations to send major help? I'm sick and tired of this.......Wheres our help!!??

I'll say I'm sick of this, The United States is helping everyone else out, but yet when we have a disastor like this, everyone else turns their heads.

All the money we have sent overseas could of been a huge help right about now. Time we begin to be more selfish.

Not that we would probly accept, but even offer.

/rant off

Shoot, Our own country isnt even doing much yet (note yet)

Over in florida during dennis FEMA was in a little semi circle stationed around where it was to hit.. Well they didnt even do anything for katrina. Katrina was a number 5 so FEMA (which btw is a government org) doesnt want to help any. Theres multimillion dollars worth of damage and the government doesnt want to pay it.

You see, That money they sent over seas didnt affect this. The constitution protects tax payer dollars from being used for natural disasters. Thats all from donations and government "reservoirs" as it were.

Paradox said:
Katrina was a number 5 so FEMA (which btw is a government org) doesnt want to help any.

I thought I heard on CNN that FEMA Is preparing to house and care for tens of thousands of people for weeks even months.?

Odd, Seeing as I heard on CNN (as well as insider info) that FEMA doesnt want to touch this one =\

Paradox said:
Odd, Seeing as I heard on CNN (as well as insider info) that FEMA doesnt want to touch this one =\

I have yet to have heard that and I am watching all i can about it.

Do you have a link to an article or something?

AmericanSensei said:
Or have we not yet heard from the rest of the world in helping us out with Katrinas Destruction?

Remember the Tsunami, Weren't we one of the first nations to send major help? I'm sick and tired of this.......Wheres our help!!??

I'll say I'm sick of this, The United States is helping everyone else out, but yet when we have a disastor like this, everyone else turns their heads.
/rant off

I don't mean to offend u but helping them also by not giving them an alarm about a huge earthquake on a sea floor. Which is known to lead into a high risk of tsunami.

And yes usa gave them lot's of money, so did other countries. And in my opinion, I don't see why my tax moneys should go helping u guys out, or anyone in that matter. Though I do agree that usa should get some assistance since it has given it to others.

Well they're a couple reason why I don't think the US is getting any help on this matter.
First: Probably the Richest Country in the world so can't they help themselves?.
Second: Canada isn't giving them help because we're in a lumber dispute.. plus our goverments dont like each other that much.
Third: Most people really don't know what else todo other then sit and watch the whole thing on television.

Thats just some of the things I'm "willing" to say because I don't want to turn this into a flame.

and these aren't perticulary my own opinions but they're just "possible" reason why other countries don't help.

Chris

draconum said:
Well they're a couple reason why I don't think the US is getting any help on this matter.
First: Probably the Richest Country in the world so can't they help themselves?.
Second: Canada isn't giving them help because we're in a lumber dispute.. plus our goverments dont like each other that much.
Third: Most people really don't know what else todo other then sit and watch the whole thing on television.

Thats just some of the things I'm "willing" to say because I don't want to turn this into a flame.

and these aren't perticulary my own opinions but they're just "possible" reason why other countries don't help.

Chris

I would abolutely agree, especially with the first point !
I mean ... isn't it such disgraceful that all the money is being devoted, not only to their country, but for fighting a war which is not even theirs ! They are so accustomed to being the richest and most powerful country that they don't want this to change ... they want to stay on top and be the top dog, hardly creating the stereotype of 'peace makers' which was in fact, what i believe and in my opinion, they wanted ...
Billions of dollars have been spent on warfare and yet they have only been using the minimal amount that they have been expected of to help the people of their own country ... this is how i see america, this is my opinion
Back to the subject ... the tsunami affected third world countries ... they needed the help, they were desperate and encouraging everything that they could get, my own school raised some 25000 dollars and we were in competition with another school in the area to see who could raise the highest amount, together we raises nearly 45000 dollars ... but you don't see us donating to the americans ... we ourselves know that tehey can cope by themselves, but the shameful and naive president simply chooses not to, devoting the budject to other things
Please note that this is just based on my opinion ... i do not mean to flame or create a flameful discussion ... merely expressing what i believe America is, the very image that America has create in my mind

I was watching my local news last night on this and a US goverment guy told Canada not to start to help. he said something like "we have systems put into place just for this kind of situation."(loosly quoted). to me it sounded like they didn't want to be in dept to Canada you know since they screwed us over SO! many times.

Back
Top Bottom