AMD Processors are faster than intel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Day

Good Day,

Cool.

Our 1988 Corolla smoked some Civics too, and Sunny's (in overdrive, the Civics overdrove too), and people didn't believe me.

Maybe I should join the Corolla club, even though I know the old ones better since i've never gotten to ride in a new one :(

They're reliable, My Aunt Honda Accord had a minor crash and it just died, there are several dead Honda's parked up in their back yards by clothes lines.

There are many Corollas in this family and they're all working fine, and are really old, my aunt still has her 1975 Corolla, and she has been driving it since 1975.

lol.

Yeah, I don't need luxury, nor want really, I just want a small car that is fast and reliable.

So in the future when I grow up i'm going to want to buy a MINI and a Corolla.

:)

Yes, you definitely need to join up there. It's targeted at new Corollas because that's what we have now. I'm sure there's a club for older gen Corollas too like the 4age's, etc but people there know a lot about cars in general so they'll have a lot of fun dissecting your family's older Corolla.

It's a lot of fun checking up on performances and race stories there. They have a section only for Forced Induction. Supercharged and turbo Corollas...hehe.

Good Day

Good Day (i'm getting tired of typing this, lol).

cool.

I will join, my username will be the same one as here.

thanks.

:)

No problem. Have fun with the build and everything. As far as the Intel and AMD goes, both are extremely competitive (like Pepsi vs Coke, Toyota vs Honda, etc). I'm sure both are good CPUs and each one haev advantages and disadvanateges. But overall, they both get the job done quickly. It comes down to personal preference in what you plan on doing with it as you may have seen from previous posts regarding gaming and multitasking.

TRDCorolla said:
No problem. Have fun with the build and everything. As far as the Intel and AMD goes, both are extremely competitive (like Pepsi vs Coke, Toyota vs Honda, etc). I'm sure both are good CPUs and each one haev advantages and disadvanateges. But overall, they both get the job done quickly. It comes down to personal preference in what you plan on doing with it as you may have seen from previous posts regarding gaming and multitasking.

Have fun with what build?

Re: Good Day

hextcomm said:
Good Day,

I have to agree.

Intel processors are currently better than AMD's in all ways, and Intel also supports more purposes.

People buy AMD specifically to save money and for gaming.

intel is overrated, they have most of the market share for new pc's and things, so they figure that they can do and tell people whatever they want, and we'll believe it. fact is....amd has a better approach to 64 bit computing and a better approach to dual core cpu's. AMD is filing an antitrust suit against intel for being a monopoly, we'll see how that plays out.

AMD beats Intel at everything. You can say Intel's better at multi-tasking or whatever, but at the end of the day, AMD's chips are far more efficient and 'greener', which is why AMD pwns Intel. Simple as that.

I agree, but you can't just say: simple as that, with no proof. You need benchmarks... it really depends on the application actually. I know the falcon's top comp, with an intel EE cpu pwned the fx-55 cpu at several applications. Of course, the fx-57 came out and wooped everything else, but still. Up until then, intel was the king on that hill. It really depends on the application, os, etc. For example, even the fast comp out now, dual dual core opteron's running at a totla speed of 8.8ghz, can't take advantage of that speed because today's applications don't really utilizie that much power... in the future, with better 64-bit appls, OS, etc. it will be tremendously fast... so yeah... it just depends... but with the benchmark's in, the truth of the fastest cpu, singloe core out is the fx-57 and the fastest dual core the opteron's. The 4800+ X2 doesn't even come close to the power of the dual dual core opteron's so yeah....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom