sound problems (only receiving rear sound)

rapmaticfiend

Solid State Member
I just build a computer using an epox EP-9NPA+ultra motherboard. I installed the drivers that came with the mother board. The problem is that only the rear sound works.

Currently I have a speaker setup with 4 speakers and a sub. When I go into the realtek sound manager program that came with the mobo drivers cd, it comfirms that I am only getting sound from the rear speakers.

I have made sure to plug the green audio cable into its matching green plug on the back of the motherboard. I have also tried disconnectiong my speaker setup and using headphones. Either way I only get the rear sound.

I am new at building computers, so I may have missed a simple solution. I have not messed with the jumpers for audio at all....

If anyone has any ideas, please share them! It would be a great help.

Thanks

did you make sure that in the options you have it set to 4.1?, maybe you just have it set to 2.1. does the sub work?
also, there should be seperate plugs for front and rear channels, so make sure you have the rear speakers plugged into the rear output, and the front speakers plugged into the front output

I have set the audio to 4 speaker setup in the realtek sound manager. I have also tried setting it at every other options that it allows me. (It doesn't have an option for 4.1)

This program has a speaker tester where u can click on the various speakers to see which are working. So with the 4 speaker setup selected, there is a picture with 4 speakers. The only speakers that produce sound are the 2 rear ones. Just as a test, I have selected different speaker setups. I have tried a 6 speaker setup and a 8 speaker setup using the same realtek sound manager software. In each of these tests, only the 2 rear speakers worked when clicking on them.

I tested the 2 speaker setup and neither speaker worked.

When testing these setups with my headphones connected rather then the speakers, I had similar results. I was only able to hear sounds from the rear.

As for the audio cable for the sub and surround speakers that connect to the mobo; my audio system doesn't use them. My system is designed to have one connection (green wire) connected the the sub unit. From there, all of the other speakers have plugs where they connect onto the sub.

I do not think that the problem lies with how the speakers are connected because the same problem persists with my headphones as well.

I hope this information helps and you can help me fix this problem...

Check that you haven't accidentaly hit the switch to seperate between front and back, i did that and spent hours trying to get it going again before realising!

which switch is this? switch on a program or on the speaker setup? Must be in a program right... cuz it affects my headphones too.

Edit: I was trying messing with the connections in the back again and realized i was wrong. The green plug in does not work at all. Instead the only one that works is the black one. So if it's plugged into the black one it gets sound only from the rear, and if it's plugged into the green one, then it gets no sound at all.

Back
Top Bottom