computer locked tight

novaforme

Solid State Member
I got a computer from a company that was going under and i cant see, to do anything with it. It running windows xp pro and since the company used it as a public use computer the computer itsself is locked down real tight. is there anyway of cracking the login password or the admin password? ohh the computer doesent have a cdrom drive or a floppy drive so i cant just reformat it.

yes its actually my computer, my friend is the manager for the company that shutdown, he said the computer would just be sold off by a liquidator and asked if wanted it. knowing i was a computer nerd he asked me first.

we don't tell people how to get around passwords, neo. please refrain from doing this again. Reguards, seti

Wether it's your computer or not this forum doesn't supply how to get past passwords. Best advice is to take it to a repair shop with all your paperwork and get them to clear the passwords. Should run you about 30 to 40 dollars.

well since i didnt get any paperwork with when i got it i guess ill just use it for parts, thanks for your help guys, great forums.

you could always re-format the machine with a spare CD drive that you may have lying around, or you could set up a Remote instalation Server and install the whole OS and software over the network.

A cd drive only cost a few quid now, so there isn't really any need to confine a worknig cmoputer to the spaer parts bin just yet!

Back
Top Bottom