AMD Processors are faster than intel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, people, i just found something out even more shocking (well, to me, cause i just found out :D).

Intel's CPU's TDP is 75% of the maximum power consumed for the clock frequency, whildt AMD's is the amount consumed under the heaviest of loads.

I change my verdict, in that case: AMD beats Intel CPU's in not only desktop range, but notebook range, too!

Thank you... the turion is a nice cpu indeed. The M is the only decent intel cpu... but with the turion out now, amd pwns all.

Good Day

Good Day,

I agree.

BUR...

Intel Centrino Mobile Technology has always been the best, faster, more stable, and saves maximum battery life.

Don't bash Intel just because they're mean.

They have their qualities, their mothreboards are quite well designed, I will purchase an HP Pavillion Notebook with Intel Centrino Mobile Technology.

If a BUY a new computer prebuilt, I will go with Intel's Itanium 2 Multi-Core Processor Design when it comes out, and if I build one, I will buy an AMD Motherboard and Processor, I don't want to go through what my friend does with his AMD constantly crashing.

I am not a gamer, I am a programmer and somone whom requires speed, efficiency, stability especially (Intel has that over AMD for a fact), and of course more special business features (Intel).

Sorry if you hate Intel but, I must go with the appropriate ones for the appropriate tasks.

In the near future, when I start customizing and building computers for customers, I will use AMD as well as Intel according to the customers plans for the system.

I am certainly not turning the door on Intel, no matter how bad you think they are.

We have an AMD custom built system equivalent to this Vectra and it is consistent crashing right through, and wierd performance, this Vectra has never crashed, even after Virus and Spyware infections (and during).

I like Intel's products for their good qualities, so I don't see why you are trying to make people turn the door on Intel, when in fact their uses of the system better tells them to use Intel.

Please don't misguide anyone.

Intel would have also dropped their prices below AMD's if they weren't making such sophisticated products, as you know, even their motherboards are firmer.

I am not prejudiced like some of you are, I am not saying that this type is bad but, a lot of you hate Intel because of what they did, life isn't fair, things will run their course and they will do it the way they are meant to do it.

Also, I must get this out.

Overclocking is extremely stupid, WHY DO YOU DO IT?

It is unessecary and people only have to do it because their computers perform poorly, then they destroy them, AMD should not give users the option to overclock.

One thing I like about Intel systems is that:

When you overload them with more than they are meant to handle, they handle it well, without crashing, overheating, nor poor performance.

I have 3 Intel Systems of spaced ages and it is the same thing,

16 year old Compaq: Windows 98 and extras, it doesn't crash, it slows down but it doesn't crash, multi-tasking was always owned by Intel.

I multi-task extremely and this Intel Pentium III 933MHZ Vectra performs better at it than my friend's 1.1GHZ AMD Athlon. (although his may be malfunctioning, because his overheats and crashes frequently).

Also, Intel motherboards and processors last very long, some of them don't die.

I have a 19 year old Intel Computer System that is still working well, that is the same Intelligent Data Systems Machine I told you about, it survived 3 Major Hurricanes, Category 4 and 5, it also was blasted with water too, this Vectra was blasted with water as well. (window design).

we have a 12 year old AMD (custom built) and it is on it's lat leg and is pretty much half-dead.

It actually failed several times, but we managed to get it back up and running, yes, the HDD is going bad but... the motherboard itself gives problems.

I hope you understand.

Please don't attack me about this.

I'm just stating facts.

:)

Goodbye.

I don't exactly HATE Intel... I'm just saying, from my expereince (I owned a 3.2ghz pent. with ht technology) that my amd 3500+ that I have now does everything faster... seriously. Yes, the M is currently better than the turion, but I'm just saying, there's even more competition for intel from amd... but yes. I'm not misguiding or anything. I understand how mcuh intel can be used... but in the real world, if you want fast, speedy, and reliable performance with minimal heat, amd is the way to go. Plus, sli is only really the best with amd, so yeah...I have to go to class... I will continue later :D

Not really. I needed a new car because I had an accident with my Nissan Altima. I had to make sure I had an affordable car that I can make my monthly payments on.

So the research went on and on trying to find a good reliable car that didn't cost an arm and a leg. I boiled it down to a Honda Civic and a Toyota Corolla. Honda as most of us have seen, are very popular and suppose to have a good reputation. Well, apparently to good because they are too overpriced for a little 4-banger with no power accessories.

The new Corollas on the other hand are fully loaded and I got a sportier look with the "S" package. Plus, I have a supercharger in it for just under $18,000!!!! (MSRP). With finance charges it's around 20 grand but you know, that's normal. I'm paying 2.9% on it for a 5-year term. Not bad. The Civic itself was already over $20,000 (not including finance charges) for a fully loaded car which in no way I was going to get.

Plus, Toyota is Honduh's biggest competitor (like Intel and AMD). II believe recent polls show Toyota is number one now. They also have legendary reliablity as Honda. So overall, I got a really good car on a budget. I'm not a huge Corolla fan, but for the price, looks, stability, it's a good buy for basic use.

Good Day

Good Day,

Cool!

It's a shame you aren't a Corolla fan :(

I love them, mainly because I grew up with one.

I hope you enjoy this one, i think ou already are :)

Don't wait for it to die :D

Cause it won't, lol.

Corollas are ok. I'm even registered at:

http://9thgencorolla.com/forums/

It's a Corolla club. My screen name is the same there too. I decided to keep it the same here so I don't forget. It's got some nice performance packaged from TRD too which I like. Honda doesn't have that.

The supercharger makes it really fun to drive. I let my friends drive it around and they loved it. It was really fast and the take off power was incredible. This car will smoke any Civic off the line (I dragged race a few Civics already). No competition. The supercharger is too quick on the low end and you take off from there. You can spin the wheels so easy.

I made them a believer that a Corolla is better when it comes to performance. Plus, the new models look pretty nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom