2nd Hard Drive

well ill see what happens, i just had one final question
if i get the 36.7gb retail with the installation cd and master it, will it setup with my logitech wireles mouse and keyboard or do i have to use a wired set...i heard somewhere that the wireless didn't detect or something ?

I'm afraid its more likely that the Windows drivers wouldn't contain one for a wireless mouse to be able to detect it,

but then again, I'm not completly sure since it must still use the same method in terms of the receiver picking it up inside the USB port to get what the mouse is doing and turning it into the electrical signals, yet i'd have a normal mouse and keyboard handy just incase :)

I hope this helps

i just installed the raptor and everything worked :). Raptor is in sata port 0 and the other sata 160 is in port 1. My only problm is that when i go to format the 160 through windows, it doesn't let me even though im not booting off of it. it saysa "windows cannot format this drive...."
what can i do

thanks

Kewl :D

hmm, are you running some things from that drive though? maybe programs or drivers?

mini_2003 said:
i was just looking at the 36.7gb raptor, and the price isn't bad its just that is 36.7 enough for games and os and software?
this one is $110

or if not can you recomend a good 7500rpm hdd

thanks

I think that you would be best off just adding an additional 7500rpm HDD to your system and slave the other as you say. You wanted to know of any deals or of a good HD, well you can check out one heck of a deal at http://www.us.dealsopolis.com/browse.php?deal_id=216&deal_type=2
This site has a great deal on a SEAGATE 160GB HD, please keep in mind that this is only a place that shows the deals and can direct you to the place selling them at a very good price.

i restarted in the morning and format worked !!! that's cool everything is fine now except one final thing. after the clean install i get these folders in the program files that are 1acd24d5eff33e5b385ff3, 9e2cc05ca5b0fa14e22193d4b315c6, ... and other random numbers. the only thing they contain is a folder called updat, then sp2 then a setup file

is it ok to delete these if im NOT going to put sp2 on my comp?

thanks for all you help

Back
Top Bottom