I think this could be spyware

bigbondfan

In Runtime
I've downloaded the trial version of PC Integrity scanner and found that i apparently have loads of unwanted processes running. For example: csrss.exe or ctfmon.exe. It says to terminate them, but i can't because it is a trial. When i press ctrl+alt+del, it says in processes that 7 svhost.exe are running. In my firewall, it says these are accessing the internet. Are these things spyware? :confused:

go to http://www.download.com/ and search for Spy Bot search and destroy, and another good one is Ad-Aware Se personal edition.....and guess wut...there free. scan you comp with those, and come back here, and tell us how it goes. Another thing would to start using Mozilla FireFox. Now that assuming that you have hi-speed intetnet, and are using Ie.

EDIT- you might wanna purchase McAfee virus scan, and fire wall plus, and that can be done off that web site.

I've already got Spybot, Ad-Aware SE and I have used Firefox since I got my computer. I've also had bad experiences with McAfee on my computer so I use Bullguard Firewall and Antivirus instead.

try finding out the file names of these processes that are running and use Hijack this to delete the files so theyd ont' laod on startup.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom