Possible virus/worm/spyware

Evil_Emporer

Beta member
So I just bought a new custom built computer 3 weeks ago to play PC games on. It was running terrifically until last thursday when suddenly everytime I played Farcry for five minutes I would get the blue screen telling me windows closed to avoid damage. I checked my processes list and I have 27 processes running which ate up half my virtual memory. Soon after my comp would kick up a different blue screen for half a second everytime windows was about to open then restarted my computer. I reinstalled windows (thinking that would erase everything) and my comp ran smoothly again for a short while but it progressively started getting worse almost immediately and now it gives me the blue screen before the comp restarts everytime Windows is about to open. I would also like to mention that I had Mcafee running and had my security settings up pretty high when I contracted the freaking thing. I would just like to see if anybody knows what is on my computer and how I can get rid of it (which can include a total memory wipe if necessary).

When u reinstalled windows did u delete all of the partitions? What firewall do u use? What anti-spyware?

So you have run anti virus, ad aware, malware, spyware scans, etc.? And you reformated? Hmm... It could be a faulty hardware issue. A faulty hd, maybe some memory read/write problems, and also what are the specs of your comp.

Well there's a second 8mb partition on my hard drive plus I've only ran ad aware and anti-virus. I only run windows firewall but I'll be dling a better one when i get this thing working again. I have a 2.8 gig processor, gig of ram, 128 mb video card, 80 gig hard drive.

Evil_Emporer said:
Well there's a second 8mb partition on my hard drive plus I've only ran ad aware and anti-virus. I only run windows firewall but I'll be dling a better one when i get this thing working again. I have a 2.8 gig processor, gig of ram, 128 mb video card, 80 gig hard drive.

The problem might be because u only use the windows firewall. It only complains about stuff, and keeps complaining even if u turn it off. Says something of a security risk :D
Honestly, windows firewall is so bad, so I wouldn't wonder if there would be some viruses/hackers messing with ur pc. This explains it working just after a reformat, when they are gone, but slows down and stops working because they get back in.

It might also be some other things, but this is possible.

Back
Top Bottom