AMD Processors are faster than intel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Day

Good Day,

The website is ALMOST up, I finally settled on something temporary.

I just need to finish up the Termivex Website (fighting the war against spyware!, viruses, etc.)

I haven't bought a server yet.

i'm still a bit confused at how to start this thing off.

IM me on MSN if you can.

AMD desktop CPU's completely wipe the floor with Intel's. They are more energy-efficient (even without Cool 'n' Quiet, although this certainly helps a lot), beat Intel at most tasks, and are generally cheaper.

Do not buy an Intel-based desktop PC. Notebook? Perfectly fine, assuming it's a Celeron M or Pentium M, but never a desktop.

Intel chips with hyper-threading might be better at multi-tasking than single-core AMD's, but the 64 X2's are far better and more energy-efficient.

AMD 110%.

Dude... no offense, but your sig is huge... please size it down to the minimal 6 lines...

Huge? You ain't seen nothing. On my forum, there's guys with 400 x 200 sigs with a few lines of text underneath, and i've seen bigger than that!

Good Day

Good Day,

I agree, my signature is normally far much longer, however, it was that small because the Signature Updater refused to update my signature, as it exceeded the character limitation.

acphenom said:
Huge? You ain't seen nothing. On my forum, there's guys with 400 x 200 sigs with a few lines of text underneath, and i've seen bigger than that!

Huge for this site... sigs are only supposed to be 6 lines... no spaces... I think either...

Intel is pretty bad though... and has done bad things... for example I know that intel paid large sums of cash to big OEMs such as Dell and Toshiba to not buy amd products and that Intel threatened ACer with "severe consequences" for supporting the Athalon 64 launch and that Compaq's ex-CEO said the pressure put on his company by Intel to not buy AMD products was the equivalent of having a "gun to his head".

So it's six lines now? I thought it was 5. I'll squeeze another line soon...

Yeah, I agree that contract agreements by vendors and Intel are pretty tight and affect AMD promotions. They are left with such a little market now. It's all politics now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom