Hard drive half full

I beated you :p

A 120GB, another 120GB and a 160GB...all from Maxtor.

That gives a nice 400GB total :p

Soon getting an 80GB 15,000 RPM

How do y'all fill-up these drives? I've got a mere 10GB of data in My Documents and about 15 programs installed.

And that's with a dual-boot config with XP Home and Ubuntu Linux 5.04, and i still had around 10GB free space in total, on a 40GB drive!

acphenom said:
How do y'all fill-up these drives? I've got a mere 10GB of data in My Documents and about 15 programs installed.

And that's with a dual-boot config with XP Home and Ubuntu Linux 5.04, and i still had around 10GB free space in total, on a 40GB drive!

Well, I can't basically. I can use MAX 25GB/400GB Also, remember that these drives contained bad sectors that I repaired by a forced full format

lol, so why upgrade more space rather than speed?

And are you trying to say that you backup data to your other drive when you format?

acphenom said:
Ha! A 240GB 7,200rpm hard drive is no match for a 74GB 10,000rpm Raptor, my friend.

no match in speed, but i'd like to see a 74gb raptor hold 240gb's of data. it cant be done

Yeah, but how would you fill it up? I could never fill-up a 240GB drive, even if i created replicas of my files and used 3 different operating systems.

i have no idea..i have 10 full movies on my cmoputer and 7gb of music and i still have 109gb free, and this is the mose i ever had. i bought a 160gb hd so i would never fill it up. i have no idea how some of u ppl do it

i have just brought myself a 35g raptor 10000rpm with the os on it. fresh install and im keeping the software down to a minuim on it.

i have 2 other 250g hardrives with only about 40g in total left

i have two other 120g hardrives, one has my old OS on it just incase this OS screws up and the other is an IDE harddrive ttas just lying around thats about 535g im using and another 220g just waiting to be used

The first one who fills me a 1.6TB HDD without using it for a server will DEFINITELY need a life lol

Back
Top Bottom