Obesity

Kage said:
Yeah, but I think genes are affecting it, and food places probably arent helping.

If its passed on in genes, this metabilosim factor, then children whi are obese, have children who also have that gene. Could this be how its spreading?
Maybe skipping generations in teh same way as diseases do?

That could be quite true. As I said I don't see this as a problem because in here there are not so many fat people. But I don't know how it's in the usa, is it like 50% of the ppl u see on the street or at shops or at some other place are overweight? I mean that's already quite a big problem. And if it continues to grow, well, not a good thing.

jac006 said:
I'm 16 and 6'4"... lol....

Ur like a tree or something. :D
I'm 16 and about 181 cm, and something like 65kg. So my weight compared to my size is quite good.

Edit: Ohh, sorry for double post, didn't notice.

I think it's hyped by the media. When I'm walking around I don't see tons of obese people. It also depends on what the definition is...someone once told me 30lbs overweight is obese, so who the hell knows who is "obese" and who isn't.

hehe, i'm 18, 5 foot 8, and weigh 8 1/2 stone...underweight i'd say, but to me, i'm about right.

Yeah, i'd say at lease 50% on overweioght who you see when you walk around. You notice it more shopping than out on street corners, etc.

I don't know a quick way of fixing it either really... But i think something has to be done, yet what can you do without making people feel bad about themselves? I mean advertisements/etc have already done that...

i'm 6'0 238 and I am a big guy but I am not over weight to the point I am not able to move. I'm actually very strong with my weight used to go the gym 4-5 times a week but had to stop when I moved to my dad's.

But, yea my best buddy is over 300 pounds and his family is pretty much big people but he is still a good guy. You look past people's weight and respect them for them.

But then you got these people that call them selves Big Beautiful Women, it really is not beautiful but unahppy and they are killing them selves. This is why America is looked down on so much.

Fat poeple need to walk more. MY health teacher even said this most of the teens that are overweight aren't because they are sick. Its because they love to eat, and be lazy. And i agree with that.

Back
Top Bottom