AMD Processors are faster than intel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"regular amds with not 64 support are bad for games compared to pentium 4s."

That doesn't make sense by the way. Even though Athlon 64's have 64bit support, it doesn't use it. It'll only use it when you use a operating system that runs at 64bit (the windows XP one has only just been released) and when programs and games start using it, which not many do, or any at all.

It is true that that 2800+ Sepron should be as good as a Pentium 4 2.8Ghz or better. It doesn't contain 64bit support, though Athlons are usually better at games anyway.

You would find Intel are better for multitasking and video editing, especially Pentium 4's with HT technology (Hyper threading). Don't get this confused with HT for AMD processors (Hyper Transport) which is a completley different thing.

I hope this helps :)

medabomb2000 said:
yea, the Pentium D, does everything that the AMD Opteron Dual Core does, plus more... The P-D is also faster and can run an average of 38 programs at the same time with out having any kind of lag on the computer. On top of that, you can even run 2 anti-virus scans and 2 anti-spyware scans and still not have any lag, that is where the hyperthread comes into play! So right now, the Intel Pentium D processor is the best one out there, only problem is that it costs $4000.

where did you hear this load of garbage? And it's not the Opteron dual core, it's the Athlon 64 X2.

Good Day

Good Day,

I have to agree.

Intel processors are currently better than AMD's in all ways, and Intel also supports more purposes.

People buy AMD specifically to save money and for gaming.

Ah but in that case, they make a worthy investment, and are beating Intel in alot of ways now.

Intel already have seemed to got to the maximum using there latest core in processor speed, and so are just adding processors on. AMD on the other hand still keep improving clock speed, and in taht case, they have the cabability to be faster than any Intel chip out there.
Plus when 64bit comes round, your already ready cheaply, and same with multicore, when that drops in price, and that is better than Intels same model :p

So er....no to that one hextcomm, good day :)

Basicly it's like this
AMD- better for gaming
Intel- better for multitasking & video editing and other stuff

I personally like Intel more, it suits my needs, I don't play alot and all of the current games run perfectly with my P4-3.00 ghz processor. (though my other specs limit the games performance).
I really don't get why ppl say that Intels suck at gaming, they are not as good as Amd:s, but someone give me a game that I can't run with my P4 3.00ghz, and then just maybe I agree with him.

Re: Good Day

hextcomm said:
Good Day,

I have to agree.

Intel processors are currently better than AMD's in all ways, and Intel also supports more purposes.

People buy AMD specifically to save money and for gaming.

You're a good buddy, but I'd have to disagree. Why? Intel = hot, and, when a cpu runs hot, it runs slower. AMD = cool, and when it runs cool, it goes faster. For gaming, amd is faster because of it's own on-die controller. AMD has a higher FSB and despite a lower clock speed, the FSB makes up for it and now that the dual cores are out, and benchmark's are in, Intel has been destroyed by AMD's X2's. The pent. d's are no match. You probably think INtel is better because of what Intel has done... Intel has threatend numerous companies to not use amd's... sorry... but amd pwns....

Good Day

Good Day,

Wow, that was easy, haha.

You proved me wrong and you did it well.

All of you.

Even though I already knew most of what you said, my Vectra is pretty hot too. (Intel) (and about cooler processors performing better).

I still wouldn't shut the door on Intel though, they have very good qualities, and my Intel-based HP Vectra serves me well.

Would you like to join Paretovex in the writing of reviews, News, blogging, discussions, forums, and more (lost memory) voluntarily?

You would be credited :D

haha.

You are quite smart.

"jac006" ( I don't know if you would mind my calling your real name since this is a public place), you are quite knowledgable where computers are concerned and things will be smooth with you helping me. :)

You know what you're talking about.

I feel people are getting the misconception of the Intel name. I'm sure Intel is a very good company for them to be the number one in manufacturing microprocessors and all, but keep in mind that AMD is no joke either. For example, a friend of mine is an average computer user but by no means technically inclined when it comes to PCs. Because of the mass advertising attempt (TVs, magazines, and more commercials) by Intel since it's early days of the original Pentium processors, him and most other people are embedded with the fact that Intel "IS" the ultimate processor to have in your PCs.

I told this friend of mine that I would build him a new PC using an AMD processor and he's like, "what?!" I have to agree that majority of the PCs in the US are probably Intel based systems which leads to more bias and altered perception of a majority to so-called noobs out there. But if they don't see the advantages of Athlon processors, then it's their loss.

Re: Good Day

hextcomm said:
Good Day,

Wow, that was easy, haha.

You proved me wrong and you did it well.

All of you.

Even though I already knew most of what you said, my Vectra is pretty hot too. (Intel) (and about cooler processors performing better).

I still wouldn't shut the door on Intel though, they have very good qualities, and my Intel-based HP Vectra serves me well.

Would you like to join Paretovex in the writing of reviews, News, blogging, discussions, forums, and more (lost memory) voluntarily?

You would be credited :D

haha.

You are quite smart.

"jac006" ( I don't know if you would mind my calling your real name since this is a public place), you are quite knowledgable where computers are concerned and things will be smooth with you helping me. :)

You know what you're talking about.

Sure, just pm with the details and I'll see what I can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom