Obesity

Yeah, it is a bit worrying, but what worries me is, whats changed in the last 10 years or so?

Yeah, more food places, but think about it another way. Many people who suddenly gain weight dont even eat at them places, so what does this mean?

People ahve thought its a disease, or even something your born with to happen, and i'm thinking somewhere along them lines.

Somethings definietly changed though. Does anyone else think it could be something your born with to happen?
Does it follow in families for example?

Whoah, guys!! I had a sudden domestic emergency, [my meal was burning!] & fighting my way through the smoke, slight exaggeration, lol, I got back to my PC to find that in the confusion I must have clicked "post new thread", so had to finish it, by editing it, very embarrassing, plus one charred chicken consigned to the trash can!
stoned.gif

Maurice

Maurice said:
Obesity​

Members are invited to give their views on the subject of obesity, the media will have us believe that is a world-wide crisis, that is going to make millions ill in the future, costing health services billions extra, ultimately putting huge burdens on taxpayers

Is this just media hype or a real problem?

I must make it clear from the start, that this is a very serious subject, & must be treated as such, no childish silly jokes about one another, It won't be tolerated, I, myself have a friend who ballooned from 12 stone, [168 lbs] to 23 stone [322 lbs], he is not only very ill, but is continually breaking bones, ankle, hip, leg, arm etc, because of his excess weight.

AH, the sky has cleared up...

Kage said:
Yeah, it is a bit worrying, but what worries me is, whats changed in the last 10 years or so?

Yeah, more food places, but think about it another way. Many people who suddenly gain weight dont even eat at them places, so what does this mean?

People ahve thought its a disease, or even something your born with to happen, and i'm thinking somewhere along them lines.

Somethings definietly changed though. Does anyone else think it could be something your born with to happen?
Does it follow in families for example?

I think that it has been proved that there is a connection to the genes. An overweight mom and an overweight dad = a high change of an overweight child.

Sort of... I'm 6'4" and my mom was 5'4" and my dad was 5'9" and both of them are slightly over wieght and I'm UNDER wieght... lol... just chance, I guess. But genes do play an important part...

daemon said:
I think that it has been proved that there is a connection to the genes. An overweight mom and an overweight dad = a high change of an overweight child.

Genes = Metabolism

But just because both of one's parents are obies, doesn't mean they can just not eat a large amount for their own good, because they know they have a low metabolism. They can be a vegetarian or vegan, that has nothing to do with genes.

Yeah, but I think genes are affecting it, and food places probably arent helping.

If its passed on in genes, this metabilosim factor, then children whi are obese, have children who also have that gene. Could this be how its spreading?
Maybe skipping generations in teh same way as diseases do?

I do have a very fast metabolism. One time I ate a 9x9 hamburger (9 pieces of meat and lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, etc.) and in a 1 1/2 hours, I had to go to the bathroom... lol... I'll leave it there... but yeah...

I wouldn't say I have a high metabolism, as I have a few stomach problems...don't want to go into that, but I'm under weight I'd say...compared to my age of 18, defineitly, and i'm 5 foot 8.

Back
Top Bottom