Obesity

Brookfield

Golden Master
Obesity​

Members are invited to give their views on the subject of obesity, the media will have us believe that is a world-wide crisis, that is going to make millions ill in the future, costing health services billions extra, ultimately putting huge burdens on taxpayers

Is this just media hype or a real problem?

I must make it clear from the start, that this is a very serious subject, & must be treated as such, no childish silly jokes about one another, It won't be tolerated, I, myself have a friend who ballooned from 12 stone, [168 lbs] to 23 stone [322 lbs], he is not only very ill, but is continually breaking bones, ankle, hip, leg, arm etc, because of his excess weight.

Huh? Um, no offense, maurice, I respect you, trust me, but what's with this thread?

Maurice has lost it! Not only has he written in different colored text and made it bold but NOW, its about a disease that 61% fo america suffers from!

Yeah Maurice...I didn't have that much respect for you before....but now It's just like....Obesity.

jac006 said:
lol... yeah, or maybe his account got hacked?

That's one possibility :D
Other ones are:
He has gone crazy
He want's us to discus about obesity, though if so then why not post it?

So crazy or not crazy?

WEll, being obese is not a good thing. It's unhealthy, and could lead to blood clots, excessive fat, etc.

It's all in the matter of commitment and self respect. Obesity happens because a lack of those two things. It will become a big problem in the future (Unless technology helps us out as usual instead of humans just doing it themselves).

Okay now it's starting to make sense. :D
Hmm, it depends how much overweight there is, if it's not too much I don't see it as a problem, but with ppl who are really much overweight it is going to be a huge problem. I don't have any friends suffering from it, but I know one guy who is quite much overweight, I don't remember which part of the body it was, prolly hip, that he had to have a few operations done to. I certainly wouldn't like that happening to me, and I don't think that it ever will.

And it's really hard for me to put a perspective on the situation in countries like usa coz in here there ain't so many overweight ppl. But I'd say that in usa it's quite bad, and something should be done to it.

by the edit it seems not.... im not worried the nhs will cover us and its not as big a prob here

Back
Top Bottom