xp boot up dots

the comp im on right now is 6 years old. Updated here and there a lil w/ gfx and more ram. i got my new parts lieing in my closet, just havent gotten around to build it. I never fool around in the registry with anything ,it scares me. everest tells me have sp2, and i remember installing sp2. the only reason why i posted my everest screenshot was cuz i figured thatd be the best way to prove i had sp2.

untitled19et.jpg

This computer im on now is different then the one in my room, which has blue dots with sp2.

So this is the correct sp2, and the one in your room is the green dot one? I'm a little confused...

no no no, everything here ive posted about, is about the computer with sp2 with green dots. i have not posted any images or anything about the computer with blue dots with sp2. just thought id put that out there if its any consolation. o ya and jac006 congrats on 2700 post :p. the one in my room has blue dots, but i have not posted any pictures/thumbnails on here about it.

my other computer with sp2 has green dots. i posted a screenshot showing my system properties saying i have sp2, a pic of the green dots, and a ss of everest saying i have sp2. all these are about the same computer.

mayorredbeard said:
no no no, everything here ive posted about, is about the computer with sp2 with green dots. i have not posted any images or anything about the computer with blue dots with sp2. just thought id put that out there if its any consolation. o ya and jac006 congrats on 2700 post :p. the one in my room has blue dots, but i have not posted any pictures/thumbnails on here about it.

my other computer with sp2 has green dots. i posted a screenshot showing my system properties saying i have sp2, a pic of the green dots, and a ss of everest saying i have sp2. all these are about the same computer.

Thanks! :p But yeah, that's really confusing. Have you ran any spyware, antivirus, ad aware, malware, etc scans lately? Maybe reinstalling sp2 might do the trick. That's what I would do, if all else fails. Of course, if it really bugs you that much, yeah, go ahead. If the computer is working fine and nothing else is really problem and you don't want to reinstall, just leave it, I suppose.

Mayorredbeard,

Why not show the properties picture of the other computer also. That would surely remove any doubts about what you have shown us. Stop the confussion anyway.

I wouldn't trust boot screen changes though, especially if your using a program to do so with a shareware function of sorts.

I've had one once which was supposed to be quite good, booted up fine, yet restarted the computer again after trying to change the old one back (I'm sure I did it right), and it crashed and wouldn't start up.
I needed to go into safemode, uninstall the program, and strangely...it worked...

I'm sure some are okay though...just not the one I tried.

I also find, if you cant make up your own designs using the prgrams, whats the point? The custom ones already on the sites dont usually go to your tastes I find.
I wonder if there are any that do let you create?

Thats the only way i think you'd be able to do it though without having expert knowledge of how windows uses the files.

XP pro BLUE - home edition GREEN.
Guess what is the color on XP code whistler back in 2001?

Back
Top Bottom