Mp3 player problem.

ah...now when i choose that it askin if i wanna do a disk clean up. srry this is a double post

Then do it I guess... unless you could just reset the player... without erasing it...

ok here goes nuttin.
Edit- its not doin anything. and wut exactly does it mean to format something?
edit 2- should i formatt is, or reload OS, but when i choose that it says OS will be erased, and reloaded via USB

Format-> As a noun, the format is the structure, or layout, of an item.

Screen formats are the layout of fields on the screen.

Report formats are the columns, headers and footers on a page.

Record formats are the fields within a record.

File formats are the structure of program and data files. Each has its own headers, codes and rules for laying out the content. There are many different file structures for each kind of file, including executable programs, word processing documents, graphics files and databases. As a verb, to initialize a storage medium (hard disk, CD-RW, etc.) to hold data. To erase the data completely. Yeah. Hope this helps. edit try reloading the OS and see what happens. Maybe the files won't be erased...

thanks, but i dunno if i should take that chance....hold ill go ask my dad.
Edit- it does say that its gonna load OS back again via USB....so is it gonna try and run windows because i dont think that creative gave us a cd for its OS

That's not good... you should seriously contact them... this is most likely their fault...

Ok thanks. And one thing i have no idea if its possible, but out digital camera cord is the exact same as this, and i accidently plugged that into it. but then i changed it. should that shouldnt be a big deal right. also this has a 3 year warrenty so if i craps out ill just "accidently" break it and get a brand new one cause it cost liek 240 bucks.

Yeah, if it's under the warranty, then you're fine. If the cord is the same, as you say... of course, I don't really know. I don't have the cord with me. If the cord was for a camera and you used it for an mp3 player, the results would obviously vary... yeah. Write to creative explaining your problem and they're sure to give you a full refund. Sue them if they don't... lol... but seriously, yeah, get a new one. So your dad never backed up his songs? he just burned songs onto his mp3 player and just deleted them?

well wut happened is that hes got ( i just asked) about 500 cds that took him 2 full 4 hour nights to transpher to the mp3, and he has gotten some songs off the net probely about 100 or so, and put them on the player, and those are still on the comp. i just didnt want him to have to take the time with about 500 cd all over again.

Yeah... that IS a hassle... I know... I've ripped my piano teacher's 100G song library, and LEMME TELL YOU... it wasn't fun... lol.... over 3 months of a couple of hours a week... blah... his comp is fast too... a 4000+ amd 64... but still... blech. If worst comes to worst, however, getting a brand new one that works well and having to put in the songs again is better than being stubborn and sticking with a borken one just because you're too lazy to do it again. THIS IS THE WORST TO WORST case... and I'm not saying anyone is lazy, really, it's more like an example. HOpefully, you can get it fixed with the harddrive of songs still intact by creative... otherwise... well, at least it's not hard. yeah...

Back
Top Bottom