Help: Is It Possible To Uninstall Xp With The Xp Cd And Install 2000 Pro???

OtakuBakaA

In Runtime
Heyz ^^, i want to uninstall xp home edition, so say if i have the xp home cd and win 2000 cd, can i uninstall xp with the xp cd, then format it back with the win 2000? Please help so i wont make stupid mistakes =/.

you dont need to uninstall xp in order to install 2000....just insert 2000 cd and 2000 boot disk....and format....

I'd recommend you back-up all the files you want to keep, before changing OS.

If there's a way to uninstalled XP using the disk, i haven't found it. I'd suggest you just boot from the 2000 disk and format your hard drive, or the partition with XP on it.

Yeah, I must warn you though that when you do place the XP CD in at bootup and start formatting, you'll lose all the data on your drive, so I'd backup all important files that you can't lose onto cdr or some kind of removable storage before hand.

After this has been done though, you should just have a smooth sail install.

dhaval_1920 said:
you dont need to uninstall xp in order to install 2000....just insert 2000 cd and 2000 boot disk....and format....

Hey, i tried your method and it needed 4 floppys to make a boot disk.....and when i restarted my comp with the 2000 CD and the 1st floppy disk it gave me this error: ERROR I/O

Can you please help me solve this issue? =[

I'd recommend you just format your hard drive, do it the easy way, cause it's more reliable and you get a cleaner, faster system after it.

acphenom said:
I'd recommend you just format your hard drive, do it the easy way, cause it's more reliable and you get a cleaner, faster system after it.

I AM TRYING TO FORMAT IT, but i dont know how to because now i have Xp, but i dont got XP CD, only win 2000, im just really onfused, pelase if anyone can give me a working plan, post it here.......Please....

After you've backed-up your files, reboot your PC and boot from your 2000 CD. In the installation process, it'll give you the option to delete partitions. Delete the XP one and then create one for 2000 to go on and install it on that.

Back
Top Bottom