Performance Issue

i think that counter strike's minium is Direct X 7

EDIt- i just looked at my box, and thats the mimunim. The recommended is only 9 not 9c. But i think that the game comes with 9c install, or you can get it off the internet.

i dunno if anyone asked yet but what video card does he have and did he put ni all the drivers after he formated?

ok so are you sure that have the box checked at the top "show updates". and if you have that checked, you might have just downloaded an update, and thought it was sp2, because my comp isnt even 2 months old...but i have windows xp home sp2 edition. i bet thats wut you have too.......assuming ur comp isnt that old.

i would check for spyway/ad aware...make sure u have no driver conflicts, turn off hardware acceleration on ur sound card...or disable sound card and see if that fixes it

well

I dont see Sp2 after checking updates. But when i view information in my computer it says Microsoft Windows Xp Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 2. Might i add, some guy set my computer up, and put windows xp proffesional on it. So i dont have the pro disc. Instead i used my old Windows Xp disc for my old computer. BTW its an all custom computer. I also have Windows Office 2003 installed. So what Sp2 should i DL?

theres only one sp2, anythign else are patches and updates, to that sp2. have ur run ad-aware, and spybot search and destroy anytime within the last week? i'd run those. and see how many programs are running in the background at any given time. also check how much cpu usage and pf usage tehre is before u click on the game

money_man said:
i would check for spyway/ad aware...make sure u have no driver conflicts, turn off hardware acceleration on ur sound card...or disable sound card and see if that fixes it
wut does a sound card have to do with graphics performace?

arrizx said:
wut does a sound card have to do with graphics performace?

well if theres driver issues it could be screwing it up. my sloundcard would make css freeze and then i'd have to press restart.

Back
Top Bottom