HELP!... Spyware!! :'(

acphenom said:
lmao, Norton Internet Security? Dump that ASAP, man. That slows down your PC big time. All the reviews on it i've read recommend having at least 512MB RAM if you want to run it, and from experience, i'd have to agree.

Get AVG and ZoneAlarm, like me. They only take up about 20MB RAM.
lol really?
i didn't know that
i've gotten rid of it...
whats AVG and ZoneAlarm like

Well, ZoneAlarm is probably the best free firewall available, with its ease-of-use and proven reliability. It only takes up 10MB of RAM on my machine.

I've tried Kerio, but it slows down your PC and Sygate...well, i just don't like the appearance.

AVG only takes up 7-10MB of RAM, is easy-to-use, quick and offers good virus protection compared to paid solutions.

The only paid anti-virus programs i'd use are F-Secure, Kaspersky or PC-Cillin, but AVG is fine if you have a low-spec PC and don't feel like paying for something you shouldn't have to.

A 336MHz PC does not suck. It can be used as a test machine, a firewall or a jukebox.

It should be able to run some distros of Linux quite well also.

It may suck at playing Doom 3 or video-encoding, but it does not just suck.

Yeah, I have a 556mhz comp that I gave an ethernet card and it's now a server at my home. A comp is not junk even though it's obselete.

acphenom said:
A 336MHz PC does not suck. It can be used as a test machine, a firewall or a jukebox.

It should be able to run some distros of Linux quite well also.

It may suck at playing Doom 3 or video-encoding, but it does not just suck.
yeah i agree..
i used to play games on my comp
but now i use it to surf and play music and stuff and just do random stuff with
i got my ps2 for games..
even though the latest computers are probably way better than the latest gaming consoles...
but i am gettin a new comp... i want the Dell Dimension 9100..
i was gna get the XPS but its too expensive..
i could get one custom built as well..
my uncle can make me a 3.8Ghz, 500GB, 2GB Ram for like 500 quid

ask him to make u an AMD computer instead, much better for gaming, more efficient, less heat. just all around better. btw panda is also a good anti virus

Good Day

Good Day,

Here is a short summary of what I recommend.

Download and Install:

1.Spybot Search and Destroy

2.Xoftspy

3.Adaware

4.Spyware Blaster (the most important one).

Please carefully read and follow ALL instructions issued by these programs.

After your first scan and clean, restart in safe mode and scan again, as they conceal themsleves in Normal mode.

I agree that the 336 MHZ Machine does not suck.

These systems are extremely useful and they played the games of their time very well.

Also, those huge new games are Graphics Intensive, rather than processor.

I use a 933MHZ HP Vectra, it doesn't suck.

These systems are good for use as Linux and UNIX Based Servers, as well as Windows.

Also, they are suitable for Data Entry, Programming, School Assignments, Internet surfing, music playing, cd burning, and much more.

Some people even have to keep their old computers for various reasons as they are used for certain things, that the new machines cannot do, because of their partition format and current Operating System.

It can also be used as a Router w/Firewall. (linux) and offers more security features and options that a single firewall installed on a modern PC.

Gateway System, etc.

Thank You, people should not rag on other peoples machines, I strongly disagree with that, and it is cruel, mind your own things.

money_man said:
ask him to make u an AMD computer instead, much better for gaming, more efficient, less heat. just all around better. btw panda is also a good anti virus
yeah i read that the new AMD processor is way faster than the new Pentium..
i dno dude.. i just want a computer thats decently fast and has a huge hard drive for loads of files..
thats basically all i need..
dnt really need to play games..

Back
Top Bottom