Help with DVD-RW drive please!?!

orkdaorc

Baseband Member
Man this is so weird. This drive has been working perfect for almost a year now. I tried using MAGICiso to burn a disc and the disc failed. Now it wont read ANY cds or dvds.... help me please! (it is still detecting the pelxtor dvd + - r/rw dl drive.)

heh buying a new one is a little too soon it just happened =P. ive re-installed the drivers 2 times to no avail. Any other suggestions?

firmware update ... but do this at your own risk. Maybe uninstalling MagicISO if you just recently installed and tried it.

as stated before it has nothing to do with drivers or firmware. i have updated both. any other suggestions?

have u burnt alot of DVD's? because its hard on the laser and after a while all dvd burners break and u have to buy new ones, ur luckier than me, i burnt 2 cd-r's with my $200.00 drive and then it broke but i burnt them 1st month and then the 5th month so it wasnt covered under warrenty anymore

sorry orkdaorc ... didnt see anywhere in the earlier posts about you updating the firmware of the dvd-rw drive. Drivers I did see ... but not firmware ... which happens to be a completely different thing than drivers. But since you're sure they have nothing to do with drivers or firmware ... then sounds to me you paid too much for a dvd-rw that has since gone belly-up on you. There's plenty of choices now for decent dvd-rw's in the $45-$60 range.

Another thought would be to rollback to an older firmware version or driver version.

Do this and it should clear up your problems.

Run regedit and navigate to registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\
Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.
Highlight it and in the right pane,
find the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values.
Highlight each one in turn, right click and delete them.
Close regedit and restart the computer.

Back
Top Bottom