DOWNGRADE WIN XP -----> WIN 2000 PLZ HELP!!! =/

OtakuBakaA

In Runtime
Hey ^^, I will keep this easy and simple so here we go...

I have windows Xp, and i dont want it anymore, i want to now format and downgrade it to windows 200 pro, i dont have the XP cd, what are my alternative ways? (NOTE: WHEN INSTALLING 2000 XP says it cant because it is a newer version so theres NO POINT)

Thank YOU !!!

Boot the Windows 2000 CD on startup instead of trying to load it from Windows itself. Make sure the boot order in your BIOS has the CD-ROM drive before the hard drive in order to do this.

throw the 2k disk in, reboot your system, go into your bios, and make sure it's set to try and boot from CDROM before C.
then save and exit, and it should say "press any key to start setup", after you a hit key, 2k setup should start, and you will be able to do a full format and make a clean install of 2k.

Edit, You beat me to it! :mad:

spank_fusion said:
Boot the Windows 2000 CD on startup instead of trying to load it from Windows itself. Make sure the boot order in your BIOS has the CD-ROM drive before the hard drive in order to do this.

Hey, i tried that too but it didnt work man, is there another way to reformat?...? ?...?...?..?=/

ive tried all of everyones methods ut it still does not wokr =[. Is there any hope out there ?..... plz help...

Try installing a linux disk, when you have that OS it wont say "you have a newer windows installed" Because you wont anymore.

Just a thought, Other than that I dont know what is the problem. If you get desprate take your hard drive to a local computer store with your windows 2000 cd and ask them to do it, maybe its something simple your missing and someone that knows what theyre doing by heart can.

Something else you could try is slaving the drive to another computer. From there you should be able to format it no problem. Then, put the drive back into the main computer, and Windows should be able to install off the fresh format.

If that doesn't work, I would have to say that either there's something in your BIOS that is preventing you from installing from the CD at boot, or there's something wrong with the hard drive.

Back
Top Bottom