ATI or Nvidia

James0071

Baseband Member
I'm so freaking confused! I'm not asking everyone to go beserk and turn into a "ATI vs Nvidia" thing. I'm not a super comp user, so sorry for the stupid questions, if they are.... that is. I have 2 people (real life people) telling me to go Nvidia/Intel, 1 is telling me to go Nvidia/AMD, 2 are telling me to go ATI/AMD. I'm dropping down like $2,300 for the comp! So I don't want to make the wrong choice. I'm a gamer BTW.

I heard processors are very bias towards certain graphics cards, is this true?

Games are purposely "optimized" towards either ATI or Nvidia, also correct?

Is a Nvidia/AMD combo bad to go with? Should I go ATI/AMD?

Nvidia better for gaming? ATI better for overall?

7800 GTX and the Radeon 850XT PE seem to be pretty close together on most gaming benchmarks, but which one will be more compatible with an AMD platform? That is my primary question.

Comps specs (not including graphics card)!

OCZ Titanium 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory

AMD Athlon 64 4000+ ClawHammer 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor

Western Digital Raptor WD740GD 74GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive

Shuttle SN25P AMD Socket 939 AMD Athlon 64 FX/Athlon 64/Sempron nVIDIA nForce4 Ultra Barebone

Thank you!

AMD are the best gaming CPUs, Intel are better for like graphics design and ect. Even though AMD probably beats that now.

It's actually personal choice, both ATI and nVidia's top cards are so close that they are humanly impossible to feel a difference. Maybe in benchmarks one's number may be higher but you most likely won't literally feel a difference.

If I were you, I would go with the nVidia card, because I'm a fan and have used them and gave me no trouble. If you plan on buying a low watted PSU, which I don't think you should do, then you can go ATI.

Can't complain about my ATI card, I haven't found a game this setup won't play maxed out with antistropic filtering and antialiasing on, at liquid smooth frame rates.

Get this video card:

eVGA 256-P2-N529-AX Geforce 7800GTX 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130237

Get that with this CPU:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Toledo 1GHz FSB 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket 939 Dual Core Processor
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103544

or this:

AMD Athlon 64 FX57 San Diego 1GHz FSB 1MB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103558

I figured if you're going to spend that much on a PC, go all out.

YES listen to corrolla, except maybe use a fx-55 if those seem to pricey, btw arriz theres no such thing as this

Amd Athlon 64 FX (3500+)

just wanted to clarify that for the thread maker man

money_man said:
YES listen to corrolla, except maybe use a fx-55 if those seem to pricey, btw arriz theres no such thing as this

Amd Athlon 64 FX (3500+)

just wanted to clarify that for the thread maker man
oh.....i was taking a guess anyway. i kno (i think) that there is a 3200+ right? so i just took it up a notch, lol

Edit-thanks for correcting me.

AMD/nVidia

just because AMD owns gaming and nVidia owns gaming with their SLI, so u have the best of both worlds

I would go amd with an nvidia 7800. That is the best card on the market today and with that kind of money u can afford it and a really good comp

Back
Top Bottom