Upgrade question

u dont have a windows cd, thats sort of odd! It should have come with one.

Go with the idea of a new case etc and if ur mom will buy a decent card then that would be awesome. Better to get a 939 socket as they are the future of upgradeability

The Amish Kid said:
will I be able to use the hard drive I have now though without loosing all my stuff? I am wondering this because I dont have a windows cd, it just came on my computer when I bought it.

U won't loose any stuff, but I think that u will need to reinstall windows (because of the new mobo) so u will need the windows cd.

I changed my mind again... I think im going to buy a eVGA 6800 GT and maybe some more memory and just save up my money. Then I will just build a computer once I have saved up a lot of money. I think AGP will do me just fine for another 6 months or so. Because the computer I have is still pretty new and I dont feel like getting rid of it quite yet.

I was just wondering though... How hard do you think it would be to take all the stuff out of my HP and put it in a different case? I have heard that some companies make it so you cant do this.

ok I know this is an old thread but I dont feel like starting a new one.
Anyways, I was looking at video cards on newegg and I saw a deal were if you buy a eVGA 7800GT you get a free eVGA Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI motherboard. I think I might buy this and then try and get my mom to buy me a cheap processor for now like a amd athlon 3200+ venice. I think that sounds like a good idea

Yes, that's a good deal. Go for it. EVGA makes good cards and their 7800GTX is badass. You're getting a free motherboard, especially one that can handle SLi.

well they have that deal for both the 7800GT and 7800GTX, and right now the 7800GTX is a little too much

Back
Top Bottom