My new comp

habook2 said:
He said that it doesn't matter so much the wattage as the quality of the power supply. And it won't be so much my job to find the drivers as mine, my dad's, and the computer store person. What's going to happen is that once a week ill go go the comp store and work on it with the manager's guidance, so he'll help me with all that junk.

It's true that a good power supply does make a difference compared to a cheaper one. The idea is to NEVER have the load less than 20% of the power supplies rating, or more than 90% of its rating under any circumstances. That's a pretty wide margin. If you are planning on expanding that PC in the future (ie, add another hard drive, upgrade any component in there that may draw more power), than a 400watt would do nicely.

The rig you discussed would work with a high quality 350, but with NO margin (until you decided to add another HD or something ) possibly. Just a thought...

Nana, get 2 80GB HDD's if you want a RAID config. I download a lot of videos, music, files etc. and manage easily on a 40GB HDD. I don't know how people fill-up 120GB + ones.

Minimum power suply 400watt true power and 64 bit is ****ed k lol.

yer but you need a good powersuply.

64-bit Windows rules! You got nVidia drivers and quite a lot of apps run considerable faster in 64-bit mode.

If you wanna encode any videos to xVid, i'd stick with 64-bit Windows. You can use the 64-bit xVid codec and encode a lot faster.

I'm getting both the DVD burner and DVD-ROM drive for CD copying. Plus it helps to have 2 CD/DVD drives.

It does help in a way, but it can also complicate things and requires more power. DVD-Rewriters and DVD-ROM's both require 30 Watts.

Back
Top Bottom