Make a Automatic hdd formatter.

cam123

Solid State Member
Hello i was wondering if it was possable to write a program with qbasic that you can just pop in the CD/Floppy and it will format you hard drive(in Ms-Dos mode).

Thanx

What type of language do you suggest?(I am 14 do you think Liberty basic will work or a more advanced language)
Thanks for the reply.

you could make a batch script like:

@echo

format c:
format d:

and then could make it autoexec and boot from it on a floppy.

Yes, you can do it with the system command in Qbasic. Or C. But you'd likely be as well off with a batch program running in or from autoexec.bat. That said, you will have to arrange a response file if you want the format commands to run unattended. Be very cautious, lest you format something you do not intend, those confirmations built into the os's format command are there for a reason. Good luck.

assuming the hd has windows, you could repartition using a file system non fat32 or NTFS you lose all your data when you switch file systems, and it's probably faster to do that than format a huge hd.

Thanks for the info but I have anoter problem
i crashed my computer on a acedent (i think i moved the autoexec.bat) and i just got my hard drive to boot up with fdisk,but my cdrom drive is not installed so i cant install windows.thanks

Back
Top Bottom