Whats so bad about Dell!?!?!?!?!?!

Blackhawk447 said:
What is everyones problem with Dell!!!!!?????!!!!!!!????? I own a XPS, a Axim x50v PDA, a 8300 desktop, and a 5150 laptop, I have had no problems at all, and everyone says their horrible! Why? When I ask they don't even tell me why, they just say that Dell sucks without a reason, I guess it was pounded into them. Please, just clarify, why is Dell so horrible? I even saw in the magazine Computer Power User (in the article about the XPS gen 2 Laptop, September 2005 issue, page 65) they call Dell "Vanilla-bean". Here is the whole sentance, its the first sentance of the article.

"Perhaps you would normally hesitate to buy the ultimate gaming machine from vanilla-bean Dell."

sheesh, well please clarify why Dell is so terrible, personally I love my XPS, but i think it was overpriced at $3,800....Thanks everyone.

-=[UWN]=- PulSe.RaveN >>LS2<<

They are way overpriced, for the XPS system specs, you can build the same or even better for almost half the price. Not only do they used unknown brands that were made in China, but their RAM latency sucks. And they use extremely harsh labor to make them, unlike most computer components made here in USA.

wow, thats a lot of responses!!!! Thank you everyone, yea, I think its pretty fishy that XPS was around $3,800, I think the only fair priced thing I got from them is my PDA. When I bought the XPS I didn't know a whole lot about computers, and wasn't smart enough to build my own, but now I think iv'e learned that for games, go with AMD CPUs, and I love my Nvidia 6800 GPU... I think i'll be more suspious of dell now. But to adress what you guys said about the power supplies, I had no problems with my XPS PSU, only I can't upgrade it because its integraded into the bottom of the case, and their is no room for a normal box PSU in the case. And I use quiet a bit of power, I have 3 cathodes, 9 fans, a fan control unit (Aerogate 2), two harddrives and things seem to go smoothly. Only complains I have now is that $3,800 is more money then I should have paid, The 3.2 Intel CPU is hot and will be hard to overclock without upgrading my cooling system
which right now is the stock cooling system, a monster heatsink that seems to do a poor job, and two extremely underpowered 92mm fans. But thank you for clearing that up for me! I can safely say my next gaming machine, is not going to be a XPS, or any Dell. My machine is probably worth, 900-1,500....not 3,800....wow, talk about being ripped off.....

I've used a Dell trouble free for 6 years.

But I might be buying a laptop off them, Inspiron 9300 or XPS2, what do you think? They are VERY expensive.

I have a friend of mine whos uncle works for Dell. He ended up getting 500 Gb HD, P4 HT, 17" LCD, 512 RAM, DVD Dual Layer, and some quote unquote really fancy printer for $250

I dont care how bad the parts were, That is quite a nice deal lol

Paradox said:
I have a friend of mine whos uncle works for Dell. He ended up getting 500 Gb HD, P4 HT, 17" LCD, 512 RAM, DVD Dual Layer, and some quote unquote really fancy printer for $250

I dont care how bad the parts were, That is quite a nice deal lol

Thats cheap though, and not the price they'd normally ask for a PC... Now that is rather worth it, even if you just grab the CPU, DVD, Monitor, and 500gb hard drive and get new RAM and motherboard!

you guys are mental ihave a dell XPS T500 (PIII500, 256MBram, ect) top of the range in the day (was bought to do CAD) .. we have had no probs at all the only hardware change was made about 3 monts ago ... when it NEEDED a biggar hdd the old one still works ..... i also bought last year a 2400 (2.66Ghz, 512MB) no probs at all

i would recomend dell any day and will continue to use them

like i said before i have a dell 9100 and i love it. and my parents have had dells for life....and still notta problem.

Back
Top Bottom