Whats so bad about Dell!?!?!?!?!?!

Blackhawk447

Beta member
What is everyones problem with Dell!!!!!?????!!!!!!!????? I own a XPS, a Axim x50v PDA, a 8300 desktop, and a 5150 laptop, I have had no problems at all, and everyone says their horrible! Why? When I ask they don't even tell me why, they just say that Dell sucks without a reason, I guess it was pounded into them. Please, just clarify, why is Dell so horrible? I even saw in the magazine Computer Power User (in the article about the XPS gen 2 Laptop, September 2005 issue, page 65) they call Dell "Vanilla-bean". Here is the whole sentance, its the first sentance of the article.

"Perhaps you would normally hesitate to buy the ultimate gaming machine from vanilla-bean Dell."

sheesh, well please clarify why Dell is so terrible, personally I love my XPS, but i think it was overpriced at $3,800....Thanks everyone.

-=[UWN]=- PulSe.RaveN >>LS2<<

LMAO
"Ultimate gaming machine"

The point is that a custom built machine is always better and cheaper than any dell, and actually better and cheaper than any other manufacturers pc. Personally I have never tried dell, and won't ever try. Nothing personal against dell it's just so much better to build ur own.

i own a dell 9100 series, and i pulled some strings and got a sh!t load of moeny off it

They use bad parts of course, Dell like most computer manufacturers use Power Supplies that are the minimum recommended for the specs of the PC, sometimes even lower.

They are fond users of RD RAM or at least they used to be which is GREAT, at singletasking that is.

They have been known to use foxconn motherboards, foxconn shouldn't be used for motherboards. Although they do make a nice server board, but they don't compete with Tyan.

Overall building a computer is way worth it than buying a dell or so, most computers you can build for 500-700 would go for over a thousand dollars from a manufacturer.

Don't buy Dell. :)

Although, you sometimes can get a good dell, if you pay...ALOT.

also the way dell makes there computers so they are often very hard to upgrade. My friend a dell pc, he got a new vid card and needed a new power supply to give it sufficent power, but the pc didnt allow him to change the power supply. and their customer support is crap. ive had experince with a dell, my computer simply would not turn on. I called dell, got a guy with an accent so thick (not trying to be ethnocentric or anything), i couldn't understand him. i said, im sorry i cant understand you, could you transfer me. he wouldnt transfer me so i hung up and got another guy. at least this guy i could make out half of what he was saying. (the power supply went out on me i later found out.)

yeah, I'd rather build a custom PC than go with a make anyway as thye do tend to cut corners, and do charge alot for the building process which you could so easily do yourself with common sense really :p

I also find it annoying that Dell always use Intel for the "Extreme Gaming Machine" even though AMD has been quoted better for games anyway.
This has been brought up before i'm sure.

my first comp was a dell and when it was time to upgrade i couldnt put a new motherboard in it cause they put some stupid plate in it to prevent a new motherboard being put in so since then i think theyre crap and extremely overpriced

Yeah, companies tend to want you to stick with them so can make upgrading rather hard to do, for example, not leaving enough slots for extra cards or RAM.

Back
Top Bottom