Noobie Help

Stampy

Baseband Member
Im looking at buying a new computer, just the tower (if there is an official name for it tell me ^_^) and under the features it sais Disk Drive: No. Now im pretty sure this means floppy drive, but I just had to make sure because when I looked at a picture of the computer I wasnt sure. Take a look for yourself:

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...65000FS10064603&catid=10607&logon=&langid=EN#

Looks like there are covers for the drives, or there are no drives...

Hey Futureshop!!!! All right, that's Best Buy's sister shop in Canada. I just did a presentation on Best Buy's global expansion including Canada's Futureshop. Good store...

It does have a DVD burner in there along with a hard drive, but no floppy drive. I do see an all in one memory card reader which comes in real handy for PDA, digital camera transfers, and laptop data transfer too (if your laptop is equipped with a reader as well). With all that storage option, you defintely don't need a floppy anymore.

Trust me, memory card readers, thumb drives are the way of the future. We have people at school and work that wear thumbdrives or microdrives around their necks at work and school. The PC looks good.

Ok, thanks for your input ^^, I think its a nice comp, now all I need to find to get along with it is a decent non-costly monitor, and then a good Video card, maybe a GeForce x800 series.

for video cards, you may want to look at PCI video cards because I think that motherboard is limited to PCI and doesn't have AGP or PCI-e. It's a basic computer you have for basic things and light gaming in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom