HELP!... Spyware!! :'(

Kaspersky and F-Secure are the top virus detectors, but i prefer to use AVG. PC-Cillin is very good too though; scans quickly.

I tried Trojan Hunter, but it won't let me update unless i pay for it.

Does anyone know any free anti-trojans?

You can also run the online scans ...
They are quite good actually, no security risk from it and its extremely efficient

I believe MajorGeeks.com will have anything you need. Just click on what type of program you want (anit-virus, or spyware) and it will give you a long list of programs to download. you can even show the most popular programs which will give you ane idea of what most people use. plenty of freeware on there. also, no one said spywareblaster. it blocks spyware from loading, instead of searching for it after it gets on your pc. after d/l this, my ad-aware and spybot find nothing.

Hmm, u really don't need so many programs. :D
I use:
ad-aware: detecs adbots etc that other ones don't
spybot: make sure to install the tea-timer, it makes sure that programs don't add themselves in the startup withour ur permission
spywareblaster:Really usefull, kind of like the immunisize with spybot, but much better in my opinion, so stops spyware before it gets to ur pc

I also used to have microsoft anti-spyware, but with these programs I don't have any problems with spyware/adware so I didn't feel I needed any more programs so I didn't install it after reformatting my pc.

And for anti-virus I use AntiVir personal edition, very good. And it's free.
For firewall I use my routers one, no need for a software firewall and the router ones are the best ones. I could like marry my router firewall :), not a single problem after I got it.

I thought that a hardware firewall was NOT a substitute for a software one?

Anyway, i have ZoneAlarm, MSAS and SpywareGuard running in the background. Am i over-doing it, do you think, cause i only get one or two minor spyware every now and then.

acphenom said:
I thought that a hardware firewall was NOT a substitute for a software one?

Anyway, i have ZoneAlarm, MSAS and SpywareGuard running in the background. Am i over-doing it, do you think, cause i only get one or two minor spyware every now and then.
lol its cool... if i had a decent computer i'd do that!
but i've got like a weak 366MHz, 160MB, 6GB computer... so u can see y i dnt have much runnin in the background apart from norton's internet security

lmao, Norton Internet Security? Dump that ASAP, man. That slows down your PC big time. All the reviews on it i've read recommend having at least 512MB RAM if you want to run it, and from experience, i'd have to agree.

Get AVG and ZoneAlarm, like me. They only take up about 20MB RAM.

Back
Top Bottom