i think i have to let her go

my comp has two partitions...one which is mine got the cant get on the internet engidis......then she has been getting worse...now i dont think i can get to the desktop at all

it shows the backround but nothing comes....i think i have to llet her go

but is there a way of installing xp to it without going into the recovery console? could i do it from the good partition and install it into the bad partition?

and also is there last medicxations i should give her b4 we pull the plug

Not really sure what to do, but why not go into the good partition and then reformat the bad one from there. Unless the good partition isn't your system partition in which you should just reformat the whole thing.

yes you can install windows xp from the other partion onto the bad one. you just have to know which partion to pick during the xp wizard. I can't remember, but it either uses number like "partion 1 and partion 2" or it uses names. I believe it is numbers.

Warning: You may have trouble saving your old partion. It would be best to formate your hold hardrive and when the xp wizard asks you if you want a new unstalation or an upgrade pick the new so that it will start new without any problems, but if the errors are all caused by the old windows system and not by a virus then there is a good chance that pressing upgrade during the xp wizard (which keeps the majority of your files) will work.

yes all of it is in windows. It is hard to figure out which partition is the right one. The one you installed first is sometimes number 1. Do you have two hardrives with the partitions on separate hardrives?

no i have one hdd and i have two partitionson it. but is there a way to tellthe mapart withoutthe names ya kow like find the numbers?

Oh! Sry, I always forget that when i answer things I need to explain things in an easer way.

Ummm... I've never actually tried to find out with partion is which before. I don't like using more then one partion, but I have a guess or two. When you turn on your computer do u have to pick with partion you want to load? Number one will be on the top. (I did accidentally add a second partion before that's how i found out whitch one was which)

alright so number 1 partition is on top

cant microsoft set this up where is asks what drive letter u wantt to ins tall it on?

all right i thin i have enough...but can comeone gimme the click by clcick on this?

Back
Top Bottom