IP adress through aim

cyfi6

Beta member
hey guys im new im wondering how to get somebodys IP andress through aim. i have tried the whole direct connect and do netstat thing and it does NOT work. ive had it work once. with a dial up connection. sorry if this has been posted before but when i tried to search it kept saying search is under 4 letters even when i typed out aol instant messenger. it said (aol) is less than the required 4 letters. so thanks. ive also tried a program called aim sniff but it does not regester when i directly connect to someone like it is supposed to

all help gratefully welcomed

cy

re:netstat

The netstat thing, I assume you are talking about when they direct connect to your computer, and you type in netstat (no commandline operators) and then look for port 4443. That should be there ip address. If that doesn't work than I don't know what will. Try google, "aim ip address sniffer" that will bring up some interesting hits.

just send em a file or turn logs on in your firewall and go to packet log and it will show there ip.

x0r515t said:
Use a packet sniffer such as ethereal(not sure if theres a windows version).
yeah ethereal is for windows just make a direct connection with the friend then fire up ethereal and your good to go

Back
Top Bottom