Performance Issue

SlickRick15

Baseband Member
Well, i just reinstalled windows. I installed all the up-to-date drivers for my video card and all other parts. Then i installed CSS and it lags on all graphic settings. before i could set it on high and it would preform flawlessly on all games. I havent tried any other games, but im sure it would do the same. I tried it on Half Life 2 same results. My pc settings are: AMD Athlon 64 3000+,ATI Radeon 9800 PRo,1024 RAM,K8n NEO Motherboard. Something just isnt right. Now i tried a little bit of troubleshooting, i put in my old graphics card:ATI Radeon 9700. STill same performance. So it must be something on the windows side or something. If someone has any solutions please let me know.

Lag

My ping is 50 or below always.. umm i dont know what kind processor it is.. it says AMd Athlon 64 64-bit processor and 32-bit w/HT technology Socket 754.

i thought that HT tech is only on the pentiums. and you have 2 processers in ur comp? a 64 bit amd, and a 32 bit pentium, something doesent sound right. you may have an amd mobo, and a pentiums processer, but i dunno if that possible......im lost LOL anyone care to explain?

well i play cs and css and i would say change your rate,cl_cmdrate and cl_updaterate.

rate 15000
cl_cmdrate 51
cl_updaterate 51

Try those.

i have been using rate 1500, cl_cmdrate5, no cl_updaterate, cl_upspeed 320, and cl_cmdrate 10.00000

Lag

My ping is usually 50 or below so its not internet. I dont know what type it is it just says AMD athlon 64 w/HT Socket 754 3000+ for 32-bit and 64-bit Computing.

?

how do i change that stuff. and no i dont have 2 processors. its Hyper transport tech. and its 32-bit or 64-bit computing. just to clarify, before i reformatted, all games worked perfectly.

I never understood the cl_cmdrate stuff, I see people change it so they can get like 1 ping and stuff, but what's the point, it just changes the ping not the actual lag.

Back
Top Bottom