windows xp cd's

windows xp is like 2 gigs or around that.

how do they fit it on a cd r?

is a serparate kind of cd?

if so where do we get these 2 gig monsters?

1.5GB I believe....they compress all the files big time and they only decompress when they are installing themselves I believe.

ya it does take forevr........how do they compress the big time. u could send like a song over a dial up connection in 5 sec with that compression

When I put win xp on to a cd so that u can boot and install from it there was no problem with size. It fits easily. Don't know why yours doesn't.

daemon,

He's talking about how when you install XP from cd ... it goes from under 700 mb on the cd to extracting nearly double that on your hard drive to 1.5 gb during installation. He wants to know HOW microsoft crams and compresses it all down to under 700 mb from 1.5 gb uncompressed.

CrossCech said:
daemon,

He's talking about how when you install XP from cd ... it goes from under 700 mb on the cd to extracting nearly double that on your hard drive to 1.5 gb during installation. He wants to know HOW microsoft crams and compresses it all down to under 700 mb from 1.5 gb uncompressed.

Ohhh, now I see :D

I though that he wanted to burn XP on a cd but couldn't.

its microsoft. if they wanted to they could make leprechauns fit on a cd. heck if they wanted to they could make a leprechaun dance on a cd. :D

what i think they do is compress it with a program (i use to know the name of it), that can compress a file more then conventional compressors. then they use a special kind of compressor to compress that, i think. thats the only way i can think of for them to get it so long. the compressor is probably something similar yet better then winrar, which is a much better compressor then winzip. actually it maybe more similar to the mikki super compressor, which is the best compressor that i know of.

Back
Top Bottom