linux or windows?

killzoneman0

In Runtime
i currently have windows xp and i am planning to get a new os. i was thinking about windows vista since i will be getting an amd athlon 64 3500+. then i heard about linux, which i heard is better. should i get windows vista or linux?

also, can i hook up my current hd to my new computer (the hd is compatable, i checked) and transfer xp to my new computer and have it run good?

Linux, try ubuntu if you are afraid of others install. Ubuntu's install is all easy.

If you are up for a challenge install gentoo...the god of linux....mmm portage :p

I would say Gentoo. It all is based on opinion. Gentoo has pre installed packages so basically I can open a terminal which is basically dos and type "emerge firefox" and firefox will install automatically right before my eyes! This great feature is only in gentoo and is called portage.

Games you want to stick with XP. Just keep with your current OS and buy a linnux one. Or DL one for free. I've never dealt with linux before..

is xp pro better for games? can you have 2 os's on one computer?(would you have to have 2 different accounts?)

Windows XP is better supported for games. Yes, you can run 2 OS on one system. This where partitioning the hard drive kicks in. Default user accounts is Admin and for Linux, not sure. You don't have to have mulitple accounts to run two OS. You can run dual boot options from the beginning of power up to see what OS you want to boot into and that's it.

Back
Top Bottom